Sigma 50mm f1.4 - new batch = outstanding performer

D700 also no micro adjustment

Brung Ur cam and lens to sigma and get them calibrate ?

Man, these pics are lovely. cant wait to get 1 soon. But how to know if im getting the new ver of the 50mm rather than the old 50mm?
e diff is e coating right?

Man, these pics are lovely. cant wait to get 1 soon. But how to know if im getting the new ver of the 50mm rather than the old 50mm?

Yaya, the new coating is nice.

New coating= the lens exterior is smooth plastic.
Old coating= the lens exterior has this rough surface, sandy sandy feel.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4911619303_9a1c561a73.jpg

Anyway, anyone try the sigma 30mm F1.4 before?
Any comment compare with sigma 50mm F1.4. just curious before it was in my list.

Dominictan38 said:
Anyway, anyone try the sigma 30mm F1.4 before?
Any comment compare with sigma 50mm F1.4. just curious before it was in my list.

Yup i just sold the 30mm and got the 50mm.

Difference being in color. 50mm has absolutely more contrast compared to 30mm. And bokeh wise, if you wanna dig deep, it's slightly better due to it being 9 blades whereas 30 has only 8. That's being anal some would say. Lol.

Filter size is good for the 50 at 77mm. 30mm is only at 62mm. Good in my words is that the filter fits all my other lenses.

Weight wise noticeably heavier.

Lastly, cropped factor for crop bodies. I'm sure you have already know this so yup!

Hi, Bro nice shot lei . that day you told me sigma lens quite good , now i see all the shots. i think is really good. KEEP up the good works.

Any idea is it same for the 30mm f1.4 between older & newer batch?? :think: :think:

same. There are different combination, some with smooth barrel and old finish hood and focus ring(like some of the new tele lenses), some with smooth barrel and new finish focus ring and hood...I guess it depends on production batch and part surplus...

Personally I prefer the "feel" of the older ex coating because the new smooth plastic finish makes the lens feel cheap and is prone to oil stains for sweaty palm.

I ordered one... but dunno what i will be getting... :think:

Anticipating... ;)

Yup i just sold the 30mm and got the 50mm.

Difference being in color. 50mm has absolutely more contrast compared to 30mm. And bokeh wise, if you wanna dig deep, it's slightly better due to it being 9 blades whereas 30 has only 8. That's being anal some would say. Lol.

Filter size is good for the 50 at 77mm. 30mm is only at 62mm. Good in my words is that the filter fits all my other lenses.

Weight wise noticeably heavier.

Lastly, cropped factor for crop bodies. I'm sure you have already know this so yup!

how much did u paid for it?

bought this glass today, smooth body :)
kind of soft at f1.4, but starts to sharpen up from f1.8 to f2.
is that normal? :)