sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX macro DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
anyone used this lens before? any comments?

I have it.
Good, cheap and sharp and goes to 1:1

Good for still life but doesn't have the reach for nature/insect macros

how much did u buy for sigma macro lens? if i buy this macro lens, shld i buy canon 50mm f1.8?

its a pretty slow (focusing) lens if ur buying the nikon mount version. other than that its a pretty good lens for the price and manual focuses rather well... i'd say the focus ring feels much better than the canon 50mm f/1.4, as it more 'loose' hence easier to turn.

Hi
Appreciate if anyone can show me the results for this lens. I use it for portraits only. Am confused and wish to find out what more can it perform.
:embrass:thanks

Hi
Appreciate if anyone can show me the results for this lens. I use it for portraits only. Am confused and wish to find out what more can it perform.

if you use it for portrait, might as well invest in a 50mm f1.8, about same price for nikon mount and double for canon, but you gain 2 full stop of light.

Hi

Not v sure if this would help as they are not portraits...
I have 2 pics in my portfolio that are taken with this lens on a D100 on manual focus
its the pics titled 'strings of melancholy' and 'limelight'
http://b.1asphost.com/kgston/photos
err i onli got 17mb of bandwidth/12hrs so try not to flood the server^^

get the tokina 100mm. enough for macro insects and good for portraits. even slightly cheaper than 90mm tamron.

Status
Not open for further replies.