sigma 50-500mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahboon

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
hi......i was keen to buy sigma 50-500mm len but like to know more about this len. does anyone here own this len? how was the photo? how much is it selling now?
thanx...........

ahboon said:
hi......i was keen to buy sigma 50-500mm len but like to know more about this len. does anyone here own this len? how was the photo? how much is it selling now?
thanx...........

There are many in this forums use this wondeful lens :thumbsup: . Do a search.

thanx........does anyone own this len?
can i take a look and try it.....
thanx

where you live and what mount? why don't you simply go to a shop and try it out?

the sigma 50-500 has no complaints other than weight, so join a gym loh..

in anycase, you can mitigate the weight issue by making sure all your other equipment are light 8) (like cf tripods and magnesium ballheads etc)..

Just to share...... I checked with CP the other day and they said they have the 50-500 lens at their PP shop. I am interested in testing it out too, but just don't have the time yet.

[They also have the Canon 400/2.8 lens there, while the 300/f2.8 lens is at their Marina shop.]

The weight is indeed a problem.. but it takes time to get used to it. If u can handheld a bigma, u can handheld any other lenses in the world liao...

If nikon mount, u are most welcome to try mine. ;)

icarus said:
The weight is indeed a problem.. but it takes time to get used to it. If u can handheld a bigma, u can handheld any other lenses in the world liao...

If nikon mount, u are most welcome to try mine. ;)

thanx a lot icarus.....
i using a nikon mount......can pm me your contact no and name?
how u find the quality of the len? does it give gd colour?
thanx

ahboon said:
thanx a lot icarus.....
i using a nikon mount......can pm me your contact no and name?
how u find the quality of the len? does it give gd colour?
thanx
i need to point out that buying sigma lenses are sorta like a gamble.
sometimes get good copy, sometimes get crap. remember to test thoroughly when buying.

ahboon said:
thanx...........

the sigma 50-500 can produce pretty sharp images. the range is good. the downside is the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.