Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for pentax?

NewbieInCS

Jun 11, 2009
Singapore
Hi, is this lens available in the pentax mount? Does that version come with HSM? Price difference between k-mount and the other type?

I had this previously. It gives a nice bokeh and images posseses very nice warm colours although occasionally there is a light pink tint. Its plus point is its more usable focal length vs the longer 50mm but be prepared for the weight as the lens is big and heavy (by pentax limited lens standard!)

Yes, airconvent had if previously, and I have it now. ;) Sigma lenses seem to have a warmer colour rendition in general, not just this one. And what people say about this lens having wonderful centre sharpness and poor edge sharpness is true (though I think the real problem is that is has a very high field curvature). Not a problem at all if you're shooting with background bokeh in mind, but have to really stop down for landscapes. The size and weight doesn't bug me too much.

Some will rather get the FA31mm limited, but that requires a lot more budget. If got money I may upgrade to the FA31mm one day, or the rumoured DA*20mm... ;p

Some sample pics from the Sigma 30mm
493372130_J8X6W-L.jpg

726748423_Z9vHB-L.jpg

491192874_CKBP4-L.jpg

I think Pentax still rules the prime...better than N and C....but Pentax seems to be overpricing them?
Sigma is probably stronger in zoom lens...

Last edited:
Another Question regarding HSM? if the lens has HSM, can it be used on K-mount? coz I browse through andorama, the specifically stated some Pentax cannot accept the HSM. Blur.

The 30mm pic does look very nice and warmy. My fav tone. :)

Yes HSM lenses can be used on recent Pentax DSLRs. The ones which cannot are the istD series and K100D non-super.
No problems if you have the K10D K100-Super K20D K200D K-m K-x K-7

Another Question regarding HSM? if the lens has HSM, can it be used on K-mount? coz I browse through andorama, the specifically stated some Pentax cannot accept the HSM. Blur.

The 30mm pic does look very nice and warmy. My fav tone. :)

Yes, HSM works on those Pentax models that woefulwabbit has stated. But note that the K-mount version of the Sigma 30mm f1.4 is non-HSM. Unless they have made new batches adding in the HSM motor (I don't think so).