Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

stanley31594

May 10, 2011
Recently I purchased an old manual lens from eBay. Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II. Just wondering anybody here know what mount it is so then I can buy the adapter for me to fit into my DSLR

Recently I purchased an old manual lens from eBay. Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II. Just wondering anybody here know what mount it is so then I can buy the adapter for me to fit into my DSLR

It came in a wide number of mount... M42, OM and the such. My own 28mm f2.8 mini wide is of OM mount. Please show a photo of it, so we can better advise you.

At meantime, this is the different mounts you will encounter, see which one is yours,

OM mount,

olympus-mount-closeup-3113.jpg

M42 mount,

DSCF0659b.jpg

T-mount,

tmount.jpg

Of course there are other mounts available in the market.

I just saw "For Canon" written on the mount so I went and googled for FD mount and realize its the same mount,hahaha,thanks by the way =)
So does that mean I have to buy a FD adapter,because previously i thought it was m42 mount so I went and ordered the m42 adapter

I just saw "For Canon" written on the mount so I went and googled for FD mount and realize its the same mount,hahaha,thanks by the way =)
So does that mean I have to buy a FD adapter,because previously i thought it was m42 mount so I went and ordered the m42 adapter

Guess you have too. But note that FD adapter had a glass element in it... it will degrade the IQ somehow... not really that much though. But one curious note... why do you order an M42 mount? M42 mount are screw mount, different from FD mount, FD mount would resemble more of the OM mount.

FD mount:

canon.jpg

Last edited:
I read from a site that is reviewing this lens saying its M42 mount,so I ordered the M42 adapter before my lens arrived. After arriving,I realized i bought the wrong adapter,hahahaha,is there any shops that sells cheap FD adapter? Sim lim ?

I read from a site that is reviewing this lens saying its M42 mount,so I ordered the M42 adapter before my lens arrived. After arriving,I realized i bought the wrong adapter,hahahaha,is there any shops that sells cheap FD adapter? Sim lim ?

Ebay. Ebay is the answer to all :)

Btw... what is your camera brand?

For FD to EF,

Macro Canon FD Lens to Canon EOS EF Mount Adapter Ring No Glass For 550D 60D 50D | eBay (no AF confirm chip)

AF Confirm Canon FD To Canon EOS Lens Mount Adapter Ring 450D 400D 350D 300D | eBay (with AF confirm chip)

For FD to Nikon,

Lens Adapter for Canon FD Lens to Nikon Camera (focus to infinity) - Nice Mint-! | eBay

For FD to m43

Canon FD Lens To Micro M43 M4/3 Adapter G1 GF1 GF2 GH2 | eBay

For FD to Sony NEX

Canon FD Lens to Sony NEX Lens Mount Adapter Ring for NEX-3 NEX-5 | eBay

For FD to Sony A-mount

Canon FD Lens to Sony Adapter for A230 A900 A300 A350 | eBay

For FD to Pentax

Canon FD mount Lens to Pentax K PK mount adapter K110D K200D K-01 K-7 K-r K-x | eBay

Canon =) Thanks for the link by the way ^^