Sigma 24-70mm Macro f/2.8 EX DG Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Auto

Apr 7, 2008
West West West area
Hi All,

I have no idea what is the different Sigma 24-70mm Macro f/2.8 EX DG Macro and Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM? I mean in term of the WORD Macro.

Can i use Sigma Macro lens like Canon lens? Any diffrent between this 2 besides Price?

I really hope can received some advice from Si Fu here. Many thank in advance

MACRO is being used very very loosly by Sigma.

The min focusing distance is almost the same as the EF version.

Hi Bro,

Thank for reply.

Bt the way, what is LOOSLY? I can get this into picture.

Ok, Please allow me to have one more question, anybody can explain or give me some details or samples picture taken by Sigma Lens and Canon EF lens?

To be honest, until now i still dun understand what is the diffrent both as i mention above.

Thank in advance

Means they use the term macro quite frequently on their lenses. As long as they deem the focusing distance as close enough, they'll end the name with a macro designation.

So, even with this Sigma also albe to use it as walkable lens like Canon EF?

Treat it like a normal lens with some extended capabilities, like being able to perform closeups ie Macro. It is not a true Macro lens per se but unless you have specific needs for a Macro lens, it serves a more general purpose. Treat it as a bonus that may come in handy at times.

So, even with this Sigma also albe to use it as walkable lens like Canon EF?

may or may not be, depending on how you shoot.. some would find 24mm on 1.6x bodies (assuming you are using one..) not wide enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.