Sigma 18-35 1.8! (crop sensor though...)

this one is coming in very soon, and it is going to be priced between $SGD8XX to $9XX locally

This is an amazing price if it comes in under S$1k, will probably put a few prime lens out of business! Can't wait for the Sony version to come out... gives me time to save up I guess :p

Good job sigma!
the price is really good !!
let's wait for review.

Price Finally Announced for Highly Anticipated Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM
By Jaron Schneider | 14 June 2013 Friday

When Sigma first made known the existence of the 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens, the photography world could barely contain itself. Social media and blog comments blew up all over the net, including in the Fstoppers universe. This lens has been a subject of intense conversation for the past few weeks, nothing more debatable than speculation of pricing. Speculate no more. Sigma has revealed the pricing, and you’re not going to believe it.

The lens will be available in early July in the United States for $799. That is well below the average speculated price of about $1200, and even below my original estimate of $1000.The price point is shocking considering this is the first modern auto-focus zoom lens that will be able to maintain an aperture of f/1.8 through the entire zoom range.

Though some images taken with this lens were released last week, you probably should ignore them. Love them, hate them, they don’t matter. They were done with a prototype and are not necessarily indicative of final performance.

The lens arrived in studio this afternoon and we will be testing it over the next couple days to have a review to you by early next week. If you want to review our initial impressions, we took a look at the lens last April. Until then, what do you think of the price point?

Price Finally Announced for Highly Anticipated Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM | Fstoppers

Im trying to guess how much it will cost in Singapore. If the rumor sites are to be believed, this lens will be backordered for a long time. Maybe better to get from BH now first..

will wait for local set with warranty coverage. In case of focusing issue with my camera body can be rectified FOC locally.

Would the Sigma USB dock be usable for focussing issues?

I was really excited about this lens when i heard news about it... but then one of my friends was saying that the range is very weird, not wide enough and not telephoto enough.

i was thinking that the standard view would be very good to carry as a walk-around lens and the 1.8 is just sweet...

it would actually mean i could off load my tamron 17-50 2.8 and then get something to cover the longer range....

any thoughts?

I was really excited about this lens when i heard news about it... but then one of my friends was saying that the range is very weird, not wide enough and not telephoto enough.

i was thinking that the standard view would be very good to carry as a walk-around lens and the 1.8 is just sweet...

it would actually mean i could off load my tamron 17-50 2.8 and then get something to cover the longer range....

any thoughts?

Pair it with a fast 50mm ... and that's the way to go . I am aiming this lens too .

Hi Supersimon, getting one with Pentax mount?

Stock already in. Saw it on TK foto fb. Wonder how much does it cost?

Still contemplating whether to trade my 17-55 f2.8 for this...
haish....

Still contemplating whether to trade my 17-55 f2.8 for this...
haish....

rent and try
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p....109642442441009.15114.109046432500610&type=1
1044123_505241616214421_1694505234_n.jpg