Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC for Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngzhimao

Dec 1, 2008
Westwest
www.flickr.com
I approached a shop in people's park that they quoted this lens at $450, with a build in motor (for D60). However, after calling almost all the well known shops posted here, the price ranged from $700 - $840, inclusive of GST and cash payment!

AP - $700
CP - $700
MS - $720
TCW - $720
Lord's - $840

The uncle at the people's park wasn't very hard selling, unlike the con cases I have read over here. I was surprised that these well-known shops sell more expansive than the one at People's Park! Judging the differences in prices, I am wary of the lens that people's park is selling, might be a grey set or whatnots, but as a poor student who just sold the kit lens, I am in need of a lens.

So should I go ahead with the buy at people's park (with close checking of warranty/everything) or should I count my luck and save to buy from one of those reputable shop?

I assumed the lens they quote me is >
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3341&navigator=6

There is a OS and Non-OS version for this len. The price quoted by the well known shops seem to be for the OS version. Did you specifically tell them that you want the Non-OS version? They may assume that you want the OS version as most ppl wants to buy the OS version. Anyway, I would advice you to buy the OS version if your budget allows it as you can get blur pictures easily at the longer focal length.

haha.. to mi i think my budget do not allow mi to buy OS lens.. any idea how much a non OS selling??

Status
Not open for further replies.