Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to maximize the full potential of this lens?? any tips for shooting with this baby at day shoot because i tend to overexpose my shots during the day but at night with long exposures my photos tend to be ok...

with my current lens like this sigma 18-200, any tips from the pro's on how to shoot at day with the sun posing a problem to my exposures? is there any constant values of the shutter speed and iso that i can use so that i can fully utilize my lens at daytime..

thanks

Set your ISO to 200 or even 100. Which mode do you shoot in? Sounds like you use Shutter Priority (Tv) mode mostly. If it's really bright sunlight, you're probably looking at shutter speeds of 1/500 or faster. BTW, what camera do you use?

my current hardware is canon 400D and the sigma 18~200, for this event would it be advisable to use my kit lens?
not a matter of lenses... but setting.
maybe post a pic up would be better.

my current hardware is canon 400D and the sigma 18~200, for this event would it be advisable to use my kit lens?
Stick with the 18-200, since you gain nothing by switching to the kit lens, but lose coverage range instead. If your 400D is constantly over-exposing your shots even though the exposure meter is dead center and all other settings are at default condition, you may need to get the camera checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.