Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiolabmaster

Mar 15, 2004
Tampines SG
just happen to see a new post.this len is just announce,wondering hw much will this cost and when it will arrive in SG!!!
Hope this is a good len.........................:thumbsup:

studiolabmaster said:
just happen to see a new post.this len is just announce,wondering hw much will this cost and when it will arrive in SG!!!
Hope this is a good len.........................:thumbsup:

where did u see the news? if its true I have to start saving liao!! :D

it's on dpreview. filter size 72.

this new lens has no HSM leh, is also not an EX lens. only plus point is the f-stop.

why not go for the tried and tested 18-125DC. Affordable and good :thumbsup:

Huh, no HSM and not a EX series sounds a bit worrying to me.:eek:
Sound and look too much like the 28 -105 f2.8-4 lens that I've used quite many years back. Have a nightmarish experience with it....muted colour, unsharp pic, mechanism problem....:thumbsd:

Looks a little like a digital remake of the pretty decent 24-70/3.5-5.6.

Constant f2.8 for that range will be quite heavy not to mention much more expensive.

holeinone said:
Constant f2.8 for that range will be quite heavy not to mention much more expensive.

If its a bright lens the lens will be heavy?

IMO I still prefer Sigma 18-50 f2.8. not sure how much it cost now but quite sure this 17-70mm should be cheaper rite?

think it will be S$788 ! in singapore in end feb............super high price....but saw review that its good
will wait and see
LogicA said:
If its a bright lens the lens will be heavy?

IMO I still prefer Sigma 18-50 f2.8. not sure how much it cost now but quite sure this 17-70mm should be cheaper rite?

wheres the review u saw? $788 for non-ex, non constant 2.8? :bigeyes:

prob competing with canons 17-85 but makes up for the lack of IS witha wider aperture

ya law,thats what i think also........but for canon 17mm is quite an extra.see how s the quality and the final price first.who know the price maybe much cheaper cos this price everyone will rather go for the 18-50 2.8:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
JediForce4ever said:
I'd rather go for the 18-50f2.8 at that price.

Hey, this guy has done a test between this lens and the Canon 17-85IS USM.

Seems like other than the Canon's USM and IS, this new Sigma lens is holding itself pretty well. Like StudioLabMaster says, if the price is higher than the 18-50F2.8, pple will rather get the 18-50. Let see what will the retail price be :think:

I asked the price for this lens at AP when I was there to buy something else the other day. Was quoted $599. Not too bad for a lens that provides this range.

so whats the outcome,latest news of this len?How much is it?when is it available?

holeinone said:
I asked the price for this lens at AP when I was there to buy something else the other day. Was quoted $599. Not too bad for a lens that provides this range.

studiolabmaster said:
so whats the outcome,latest news of this len?How much is it?when is it available?

I thought I said it's $599? Obviously it's in the shop already lah. Just that I did not take a look since not interested to buy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.