Sigma 16mm fisheye lens - Test Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zola70

Apr 7, 2005
Telok Blangah
s109.photobucket.com
Took this old classic manual Sigma 16mm fisheye lens from my friend & tried out on my D200. Will try a few more shots in the day.

DSC_1914a.jpg

C & C are welcome.:)

This particular scene makes the distortion looks more like bad barrel distortion than fisheye effect. Not all scenes are suitable for FE. The straight lines are too far away from you for the FE to work at its best. Exposure is good though but more details for the buildings in the background won't hurt.

Thank you for your comment. Will find something more suitable for this lens to shoot. BTW just took this lens yesterday from my friend after keeping it for many years. Make a test shot from my room windows yesterday evening.

This particular scene makes the distortion looks more like bad barrel distortion than fisheye effect. Not all scenes are suitable for FE. The straight lines are too far away from you for the FE to work at its best. Exposure is good though but more details for the buildings in the background won't hurt.

since topic is test shot, thread is moved from Critique Corner to General, Reviews, Tech Talk

It looks this way because the 16mm FE is a 35mm FE. It will not give the 180° angle of view on a DX format camera.

You will get the 180° angle of view using the Nikkor 10.5mm FE.

BC

You are right mann.:thumbsup: So which no. are you at? :think:

I am 2 traffic lights away but often at gek poh for 4D and foods.
I got a 8mm fisheye, let me know if you are keen to try out. just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.