Sigma 12-24mm Lens (Canon Mount)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
Hi, been looking at this lens for 3 months already... still undecided... can anybody talk me through the pros and cons of the lens? I'd appreciate that! Thanks!!!

pro's: cheapest full frame 35mm 12-24mm lens, very good lens.

cons: 82mm filter size.

loupgarou said:
pro's: cheapest full frame 35mm 12-24mm lens, very good lens.

cons: 82mm filter size.
yea, its an 82 mm diameter size... when i last saw the lens i thought u cannot put in a filter... can u put in a filter??????

nickmak said:
yea, its an 82 mm diameter size... when i last saw the lens i thought u cannot put in a filter... can u put in a filter??????

For 15-30mm can use filter but there is no mention of filter for this 12-24mm in the internet other then the self-made. I want to know also can a filter be use just like its 15-30mm cousin?

jimtong said:
For 15-30mm can use filter but there is no mention of filter for this 12-24mm in the internet other then the self-made. I want to know also can a filter be use just like its 15-30mm cousin?
I saw that the hood was stuck to the lens and its the petal type so i think its impossible to put in the filter... but if its possible how can u put it in there????

I have the 12-24.
The petal hood is insignificant, there's a round ring that u can put onto the hood before putting on the lens cap. The round ring do not result in any vignetting (at least for mi 300D), but when a filter is put, vignetting WILL occur. Quite a dumb design i'd say, as if the filter is 'lowered' closer to the lens, then vignetting shld be controlled.

quality wise, it is great! minimal distortion of any sorts. new one cost at $1100+.

in love with WA,

Thanks di0nysus! I've been eyeing this lens for quite long and still a little undecided but i think i'm more confident to get that lens now... thanks!!!

di0nysus said:
The petal hood is insignificant, there's a round ring that u can put onto the hood before putting on the lens cap. The round ring do not result in any vignetting (at least for mi 300D), but when a filter is put, vignetting WILL occur.

Vignetting will occur at the 4 corners with the round cap on Nikon dSLRs (1.5X) at 12mm. Film confirm will vignette, but anyway the law of physics dictate that it's unavoidable with such extreme WA anyway even with the cap off.

Status
Not open for further replies.