Sigma 105mm F2.8/Tamron 90mm F2.8


Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2006
525
0
16
woodlands
#1
Hi all,


I like to buy either of marco len.. hmm, can anyone here advise which one is better?
i know previously there a similiar thread.. i got budget, nikon 105VR is not for me :thumbsd: man..


Thank you!
 

cikgoo

New Member
Nov 21, 2005
296
0
0
#2
Cathay selling Tokina 100mm f2.8 @$545 with free dry box
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#4
The Sigma 105 is :thumbsup: I just sold mine :sweat: Macro isnt my cup of tea :bsmilie:
 

westwest1

Deregistered
Feb 25, 2006
2,616
0
0
@ AMK
#6
XXXcat said:
i got budget, nikon 105VR is not for me :thumbsd: man..
you got budget and the 105VR is not for you?:think:
 

grado

New Member
Dec 28, 2003
947
0
0
#8
What she must have meant is that she is on a budget, so the 105VR is not for her...

I prefer the Tamron to the Sigma for its far nicer bokeh and compact and lightweight design.

westwest1 said:
you got budget and the 105VR is not for you?:think:
 

kross

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
1,271
0
0
earth
#9
i'll go for T90....:thumbsup:

cheers...
 

Jan 1, 2006
693
0
0
#12
XXXcat said:
Hi all,


I like to buy either of marco len.. hmm, can anyone here advise which one is better?
i know previously there a similiar thread.. i got budget, nikon 105VR is not for me :thumbsd: man..


Thank you!
halo... u still newbie meh. :bsmilie:
but anyway.. since u got the nikon 50mm, u can get the Nikon BR-23A adapter(cost $20 plus) & mount your 50mm in reverse on to D70s body.
u can try lol ;)
 

Apr 25, 2006
525
0
16
woodlands
#15
mysterio506 said:
halo... u still newbie meh. :bsmilie:
but anyway.. since u got the nikon 50mm, u can get the Nikon BR-23A adapter(cost $20 plus) & mount your 50mm in reverse on to D70s body.
u can try lol ;)
ya la, i still new lei... ;)
i tried before the reverse ring, don't really like..
nowadays i like marco pic..
 

DeWei

New Member
Jun 9, 2006
640
0
0
#16
Hi Nicole, addicted to Macro photography already? Hmm, if I am in your shoe I will choose Tamron 90mm, heard bro Grado said this lens has nicer bokeh. He got this lens, maybe u can borrow from him first and see whether you like it or not. Cheers.
 

Apr 25, 2006
525
0
16
woodlands
#17
DeWei said:
Hi Nicole, addicted to Macro photography already? Hmm, if I am in your shoe I will choose Tamron 90mm, heard bro Grado said this lens has nicer bokeh. He got this lens, maybe u can borrow from him first and see whether you like it or not. Cheers.
yea, after shooting that grasshopper... ok, still thinking abt it... ;)
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#18
Klose said:
The Sigma 105 is :thumbsup: I just sold mine :sweat: Macro isnt my cup of tea :bsmilie:
Mee too..:sweat: Sold my Nikon 105mm micro lens 2 months after I bought it..:sweat:

Can go for Tamron 90mm f2.8 micro or the Nikon AF 105mm f2.8 micro.
They will appeared in B&S once a while, Tamron around $400 to $500
and Nikon around $600 to $700.
 

May 5, 2005
921
1
18
52
Hougang Ave. 7
#20
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 is still the best and cheaper than orginal lenses that anyone can buy for macro photography. Best result, some say even better than original.:)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom