Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlvicTay

May 6, 2004
Does anyone of you know is there any pic quality difference between the Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro EX and the Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro EX DG?

Is the DG version a better version?

DG sounds like the so called "optimized for digital" version. The difference should mainly be the coating.

I think price difference is less than $100... if I not wrong.... if get, I think should get the DG version better right???? With those coating...... :think:

Any idea about the picture quality?

For this product, I am not sure... but I remember reading some reviews that these coating will improve the optical results..... and so, I think the DG version could give better results....

I only read only.... so better wait for experts.... ;)

Had the same queries myself, and I remember I've read somewhere that says, the DG series actually have a smaller image circle?.... which will cause vignetting if use on a larger sensor... correct me if i'm wrong :embrass:

RossChang said:
Had the same queries myself, and I remember I've read somewhere that says, the DG series actually have a smaller image circle?.... which will cause vignetting if use on a larger sensor... correct me if i'm wrong :embrass:

there r 2 vers if i m not mistaken. one DG & the other DC. IIRC the DG is full frame image circle whereas the DC has the smaller image circle & supposedly lighter & smaller too.

i have seen the older none DG ver (minolta mount) in action & the image quality is pretty good. i wud say its a good alternative for budget tight users. :)

no difference as far as i could tell. unfortunately, i dun have any sample pics. id go with the non DG since its cheaper with the same quality in picture. note of coz, that i rate quality by what i can see on the screen and using everyday subjects. i dont test my lenses with charts or any other scientific means.

nightpiper said:
there r 2 vers if i m not mistaken. one DG & the other DC. IIRC the DG is full frame image circle whereas the DC has the smaller image circle & supposedly lighter & smaller too.

i have seen the older none DG ver (minolta mount) in action & the image quality is pretty good. i wud say its a good alternative for budget tight users. :)
Isn't DC is only for APS-C?

AlvicTay said:
Isn't DC is only for APS-C?

ya, i wanted to say that but somehow the words 'got lost in translation'. :bsmilie: the grey matter & hand not talking... :sweat: old liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.