Sigma 10-20mm. Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazoq

Aug 2, 2005
Hi all,
I did a quick check by calling up 2 respectable camera shops for the price of the Sigma 10-20mm. One quoted me $888 and the other $910 both with GST. Now, looking at the price of the EFS-10-20mm which is about only $1.1k and is a faster lens. Is the Sigma still worth considering? Opinions?

The EF-S 10-22mm lens definitely is better (i hv one) .. hv tried Sigma one too and found it not bad though but its heavier than the canon lens... however the Sigma's 10-20 could be use on full-frame DSLR whereas EF-S can't.

drazoq said:
Hi all,
I did a quick check by calling up 2 respectable camera shops for the price of the Sigma 10-20mm. One quoted me $888 and the other $910 both with GST. Now, looking at the price of the EFS-10-20mm which is about only $1.1k and is a faster lens. Is the Sigma still worth considering? Opinions?

the sigma 10-20 is a DC lens. Cannot be used on FF

I guess Sigma 10-20mm is the best choice for non EF-S mount DLSR :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Canon EFS 10-22mm :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually price is not much different between sigma & Canon, I'll go for the Canon anytime, oh already did. :)

zcf said:
There is a MO for that at consumer corner at cheaper price, but today is last day.
MO: Sigma 10-20mm, 12-24mm (confirmed!)

*For all those keen buyers who have yet to see the MO thread until today, not to worry! Just send me a PM by 25th Jan, and check if i can still get one for you. Of course there is no 100% gaurantee i'll succeed though! :)

I'm actually looking at this too..

A lot of pple are saying that this Sigma 10-20mm produce better quality photos then it nikon lens of the same range. But they are saying that that is only on Nikon.

So I would like to know how is the quality of the photos taken from this Sigma 10-20mm and sigma 12-24mm compared to the EF-S 10-24mm??

Thanks

jus said:
I'm actually looking at this too..

A lot of pple are saying that this Sigma 10-20mm produce better quality photos then it nikon lens of the same range. But they are saying that that is only on Nikon.

So I would like to know how is the quality of the photos taken from this Sigma 10-20mm and sigma 12-24mm compared to the EF-S 10-24mm??

Thanks

The Sigma 10-20mm producing better quality photos than the Nikon equivalent:nono:
Value for money, yes... better??? OK, it's 2mm wider on the wide end which means alot for certain situations. If I have the purchasing power, I'll definitely buy the Nikon over the Sigma.

You are luckier; the Canon is just slightly more expensive;) Go for it. Canon lenses are meant for their bodies.

All are good lens. They are only different in price... the chi=oice is yours

yyD70S said:
... Canon lenses are meant for their bodies.
Depends which lens n which body. In this case EF-S is only good for EF-S bodies. EF-S is just one of a cheaper way to make the lens possible. Unless won't upgrade to a non EF-S body then go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.