Sigma 10-20mm vs Zenitar 16mm FE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisjizeng

Aug 10, 2006
Upper Bukit Timah
Hello hello,

I'm looking for a super wideangle lens. Fisheye distortion would be a great bonus..

How would the Sigma 10-20mm fair against the Zenitar 16mm FE?

If sigma can go down to 10mm, does it mean it's more capable of achieving fisheye distortion that the 16mm Zenitar? or is there some element within the Zenitar that makes it, well, FISHEYE?

please enlighten me. thanks!

regards,
jizeng

Hello hello,

I'm looking for a super wideangle lens. Fisheye distortion would be a great bonus..

How would the Sigma 10-20mm fair against the Zenitar 16mm FE?

If sigma can go down to 10mm, does it mean it's more capable of achieving fisheye distortion that the 16mm Zenitar? or is there some element within the Zenitar that makes it, well, FISHEYE?

please enlighten me. thanks!

regards,
jizeng

one thing to note, sigma 10-20 is only for APS-C sensor, while the zenitar 16mm FE is meant for FF.

Hi jizeng,

I noticed that you have a habit of posting the same question multiple times in different subforums.

Please refrain from doing so.

If you have a question or want to discuss something pick the most appropriate subforum and only post the topic once. This will help keep CS tidy.

I have merged all your previous duplicate threads.

Thanks!

- Roy

The Sigma 10-20 is what is called a rectilinear lens, ie. it does not have the fisheye effect, even at 10mm.

And fisheye lenses designed for "fullframe" 35mm cameras like the Zenitar do not give the full coverage that fisheye lenses are known for on "cropped sensor" DSLRs...that is, they do not give as wide a view, but you still get some of that fish eye effect...for "cropped sensors" DSLRs, some manufacturers have produced fisheye lenses of about 10mm...

hmm.. alright. thanks guys!
so the zenitar will give that fisheye effect, altho not a 180 degree view?

Roy: oops, sorry. didnt realize that. wont post up multiple threads anymore. thanks!

i have tried both lens before.

ZE 16mm, indeed there's still some fisheye effect on APS-C dslr, but you lose much of effect.

sigma 10-20, which i have now, its very handy in tight situations...but 10mm distortion is a bit too much. i think you shd try the tokina one or canon/nikon one. for me minolta only have the 11-18mm which isnt much better...

Status
Not open for further replies.