Sigma 10-20 on Nikon D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
EdOkH said:
Hi,
need some explaination from fellow bros here... Is it possible to use this lens handheld for night shoot? I like to take night scenery and Im wondering if ISO is probably just abt 400, and the aperture set to f4, is it possible to take the shot without camera shake?
Me newbie so can't figure this out...

pls advise...thnz alot in advance. :)
I frequently use the D70s with the Sigma at 10mm doing night shots handheld at 1"..
But you'll have to take multiple shots and try to find a wall, post etc to try to stabalise yourself.. then delete the blurred shots.. if no shots sharp then try again..

willyfoo said:
I frequently use the D70s with the Sigma at 10mm doing night shots handheld at 1"..
But you'll have to take multiple shots and try to find a wall, post etc to try to stabalise yourself.. then delete the blurred shots.. if no shots sharp then try again..

but dont u find tat a little waste of time to keep reshooting if u cant get a sharp pix?:dunno:

TMC said:
well you didnt want to use a tripod right? then bo bian.

is it safe to shoot alone at night in the streets of japan??:think:

i know this Q abit off.. but i wonder how is night shooting in other countries like..

I will answer you next week after I do my first night shoot :embrass: might get harassed by drunken young guys with their friends if you are out really late. By 7pm you are able to shoot, no problem as the sun has been down for a long long time.

TMC said:
I will answer you next week after I do my first night shoot :embrass: might get harassed by drunken young guys with their friends if you are out really late. By 7pm you are able to shoot, no problem as the sun has been down for a long long time.

wah so early sia!

TMC said:

They haressed you for what? :bsmilie:

they are drunk and they like to socialize :bsmilie: hey I got plenty of pics of people I dun know over here, just because they like to get their shots taken :) but might be harassment if they are disturbing you taking other pics

Anyway for those who are interested, there's a MO for the Sigma 10-20mm HERE.

zhang3feng said:
but dont u find tat a little waste of time to keep reshooting if u cant get a sharp pix?:dunno:
Not quite.. I usually take 3-4 shots sequentially at say 1sec... then I review them which takes 10secs... if there's a sharp pic.. I spent 15 secs... else repeat again..

I typically get it within 1 to 2 sequences.. else may try for a 3rd sequence... Total 45 secs??

Setting up a tripod will generally take longer than that.. of course, 1s is about stretching my limits for being able to have say 20% of having a acceptably sharp shot... (so I've to take 5 photos to get 1 sharp one)... of course controlling breathing, stabalising techniques should all be employed here..

willyfoo said:
Not quite.. I usually take 3-4 shots sequentially at say 1sec... then I review them which takes 10secs... if there's a sharp pic.. I spent 15 secs... else repeat again..

I typically get it within 1 to 2 sequences.. else may try for a 3rd sequence... Total 45 secs??

Setting up a tripod will generally take longer than that.. of course, 1s is about stretching my limits for being able to have say 20% of having a acceptably sharp shot... (so I've to take 5 photos to get 1 sharp one)... of course controlling breathing, stabalising techniques should all be employed here..

Hey Willy..saw u on T.V. nice one:thumbsup:

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

all done on 10-20mm sigma, not D70 thou.

anka said:
k1.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

all done on 10-20mm sigma, not D70 thou.

very crisp and sharp...of course on a very pro camera.

Great pics...;)

What camera you use? The setting? Thanks.

BBB, MTL, buy first talk later. Nikkor 12-24 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.