sigh gonna start new job

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
no more days of bumming.....
tomorrow will be day one of job!
will be teaching IT to springfield secondary school and all. haha.
oh no...no idea what to expect. meeting HODs tomorrow morning to discuss stuff which i duno of.

HELP ME WORKING PEOPLE!!!

Originally posted by AdamGoi
You're becoming a TA or teacher?

employed by cyberland.edu.sg to work there lor.
teach the kids about IT stuff, how to use frontpage and stuff.
meeting HODs tomorrow to discuss dunno what!....duno if im nervous or excited...sigh

you left out one important detail... how much you'll be paid ? :p

this one a permanent job ? or part time ?

what's your work hours/week like ?
and.....how much is the pay ?

cos i lack experience...lets say the pay makes me feel explioted.but mom and dad says its ok.
sigh.....

so early in the morning....:dunno:

wat a bloody tiring day..not enough sleep, couldnt sleep well.
long day of nods and yes yes.
have to plan this and that.....
money hard to earn man
have to teach frontpage2000,to sec 1 and 2. help the computer club, give teachers training*gasp* , learn robotics*those mice thingys*, learn how to teach Machintosh Macs.
my God!! i didnt even learn most of these things.HOWS!!!!!?!?!!?!?!!

Things you need to tell them are this :

I WANT 32 Days Leave
I WANT full insurance benefits for entire family
I WANT a company car(merc at least wif driver)
I WANT free vacation every quarter of the year to a european country
I WANT only 5 hours work day and friday (2.5hrs) (Sat/Sun off)
I WANT free computer and upgrade every 2 mths with free MAGIX ATM internet connection
I WANT a monthly salary of 5 digits
I WANT a yearly bonus of at least 7 digits
I WANT 10% of what the entire school get for school fees
I WANT to be the principal within 2 years

If they agree, then you can start working with them...

Originally posted by eadwine
wat a bloody tiring day..not enough sleep, couldnt sleep well.
long day of nods and yes yes.
have to plan this and that.....
money hard to earn man
have to teach frontpage2000,to sec 1 and 2. help the computer club, give teachers training*gasp* , learn robotics*those mice thingys*, learn how to teach Machintosh Macs.
my God!! i didnt even learn most of these things.HOWS!!!!!?!?!!?!?!!

I just hope you don't get a student who konw more then you do. Now a days kids learn IT stuffs very fast. Do school webpages, page layout for school newsletters, even home videos. Wonder why I born so early....

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

I just hope you don't get a student who konw more then you do. Now a days kids learn IT stuffs very fast. Do school webpages, page layout for school newsletters, even home videos. Wonder why I born so early....

ya i heard alot of stories...but if that happens...sack me lor.
i'd be happier man. slogging for the peanut amounts.
pay peanuts u get monkeys

Originally posted by eadwine

ya i heard alot of stories...but if that happens...sack me lor.
i'd be happier man. slogging for the peanut amounts.
pay peanuts u get monkeys

Wah... un-motivated staff... if you don't like the job then don't do lor.. hehe. You sound as if you are really under-paid. In the current situation outside, jobs are hard to find. Just stick with it and maybe it can help you past time and maybe buy you a few more rows of provia 400... hehehhe...

btw, remember to ask for the terms I've posted earlier.. it's important. If they agree, I think ur motivation will increase 100000 times ;p

actually when i had IT classes in sec school...all my classmates ZZZ...i also ZZz...

to put it simply -- very waste time one.

eadwin - but den...still $$$ wad.....

Originally posted by punscum
actually when i had IT classes in sec school...all my classmates ZZZ...i also ZZz...

to put it simply -- very waste time one.

eadwin - but den...still $$$ wad.....

all sleep...wah lau... thanks for the encouragement...

lol. :bsmilie:

;(
sigh i feel like throwing in the towel. i feel like quitting.I dun think im cut out for this job.wasn't really prepared in the first place.
Lessons got to plan and conduct,Have to learn new software which i never learnt before and teach them.
furthermore im study my part time degree soon, if i learn all these software i dun think i can have time to study for my degree course.
dun think im cut out to teach.sigh...feels so lonely stuck in the lab all day....work early leave late. talkabout what bull the 44hrs a week manpower law or what not.
i even mailed my so called "manager" telling him i feel im not cut out for this job.

sorry if u guys had to read this....just feel kinda stressed out, lonely and frustrated..:cry:

I'm sorry to hear that; is this your first job? If yes, welcome to the working world!

Although I do not have alot of working experience; what I've learnt so far is that there's never a perfect job where everything falls into place; neither is a certain job more 'relaxing' or less stressful that the one we have. Every job has its challenges and difficulties which are unique in nature thus it's pretty pointless to compare apples with oranges.

As for teaching, well I'm glad that I was kind of 'prepared' for teaching life as I knew before when I was posted to my school, most of the 'learning' occured on the job, thus we learn on the job. I'm still learning!

Dig in and hang in there eadwine; it's fine to grumble (I do that pretty often) but don't let it consume you! For me, despite my (usual) rants, I do remind myself that I need to be thankful that I do have a job and a steady source of income as compared to some who are struggling to hold on to one or still hunting for one!

Believe me, it's part of our 'growing up' process! ;)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I'm sorry to hear that; is this your first job? If yes, welcome to the working world!

Although I do not have alot of working experience; what I've learnt so far is that there's never a perfect job where everything falls into place; neither is a certain job more 'relaxing' or less stressful that the one we have. Every job has its challenges and difficulties which are unique in nature thus it's pretty pointless to compare apples with oranges.

As for teaching, well I'm glad that I was kind of 'prepared' for teaching life as I knew before when I was posted to my school, most of the 'learning' occured on the job, thus we learn on the job. I'm still learning!

Dig in and hang in there eadwine; it's fine to grumble (I do that pretty often) but don't let it consume you! For me, despite my (usual) rants, I do remind myself that I need to be thankful that I do have a job and a steady source of income as compared to some who are struggling to hold on to one or still hunting for one!

Believe me, it's part of our 'growing up' process! ;)

sighh...

for entertainment, grill students. :p

Adam, you should try teaching in a neighbourhood secondary school. It is very different from primary school.

Eadwine, take everything in your stride. Work is never easy and it must be completed one way or another. Nonetheless, we should never let work affect us emotionally. Follow the Nike motto, just do it. Don't think about it when you reach home. Complain to your gf to vent your frustrations.

I agree with Adam that every job has its difficulties, so just hang it in there. If you are clear about your direction in life, do what you need to do. Quit if appropriate. After all, you are not making a career out of this one, and you do not need to bring home the bacon, so you have more freedom than most to explore around.

Take care and good luck.:)

actually this wasn't wat i wanted.
I wanted a job i might like, someone to teach and guide me even though when i work, i gain experience, they can pay me little little lah but dun exploit me till like everyday work late and all.

i guess here got no such jobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.