Sigh....Brazil won :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
:(

they must have prayed harder...look at the mass prayer they did on the field after the game and all the "I belong to Jesus" and "Jesus loves you" t-shirts....

:cry:

Originally posted by Red Dawn

they must have prayed harder...look at the mass prayer they did on the field after the game and all the "I belong to Jesus" and "Jesus loves you" t-shirts....

Ah, too bad. The Germans are only good at glass. :)

Regards
CK

Okay lah...the better team won right?

My heart goes out to Oliver Kahn who did whatever human possible; his safe hands kept them all the way to the finals and Michael Ballack who missed yet another important finals...

Well done Brazil! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Red Dawn

The Germans were simply boring and uncreative. Perhaps they need to believe in God instead of just themselves and their arrogance.

I find it's an interesting final. Quite a lot of chances and the Germans defended well in the first half and launched several good attacks in the early part of the 2nd half.

Anyway, the good thing is the better team (and me) won ;p

Originally posted by Barrios
The Germans were simply boring and uncreative. Perhaps they need to believe in God instead of just themselves and their arrogance.

well there should be time for some evangelism from now till 2006....

but hey, Germans are arrogant? u should check out England, Italy and Portugal :rbounce:

I thought the Germans are very low key throughout the whole tournament.....much is made of other games, while the Germans quietly slipped into the Finals....

And let's not forget the Germans attacked quite a bit more than the Brazilians in the first half and early in the second half, before they conceded the first goal. They created many corners too, but were unfortunately unable to convert any of them.

And it took an error from Kahn for Brazil to score.

in fact, i think they played most creatively today compared to their previous games....

*Sets resolution to go find some Brazilian glass and cameras.*

The best won. Germany had some good moments but their style of play was pretty defensive as are most european countries.

brazil as usual 'attack' only in second half, because they know by 2nd half, the Germans are all flat by then

The Germans played much better today than in their previous matches. I kinda believe now that if you stick with pple with high standards, you tend to display that high standards yourself. Applies to life in general.

But it's good Brazil won. Germans have been having a good time thru this World Cup. They didn't quite meet any strong traditional team in this World Cup. This is quite a "weird" WC with the big teams out so early and small teams like USA and Korea qualifying far. But at the end, I'd rather Brazil won. They truly deserve it.

I agree that the Germans played hard and well initially. After the first goal, it was downhill from there from the Germans. Their stamina could not last beyond 60 minutes.

may be the goal pole should build a bit higher then there will be more goals...

look how many goals the cross bar saved during the match...

:D

The world cup winners and finalist is becoming more and more of a routine stuff.

1994-Brazil vs Italy
1998-Brazil vs France
2002-Brazil vs Germany

Seems like Brazil is dominating this game at the world stage.

After some time, it gets kind of boring.
What happened to the other countries?

I guess it's pretty obvious that this Brazil team isn't as good as that of the past, so to say, Brazillian samba has sort of slackened, but why aren't the other countries imrproving?
We can see that teams like Turkeys, Senegal are progressing in the right way. But eventually, it's still the same few winners.

I'm sure we all want to see new winners, so my conclusion for this world cup is, quite a handful of surprises, but end of the day, it's the same old story again. In a nutshell, Boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.