Siem Reap Cambodia - Where to find good and reasonable hotel?

JoeJerry

Feb 17, 2007
planet earth
Plan to bring my family to Siem Reap Cambodia during June School Holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good and reasonable hotel in Siem Reap? Budget is around $150 per day.

Thanks in advance!

Last month I visited Siem Reap and stayed at Tara Angkor. Rate about SGD 105-00 per night. Good and decent hotel.

i've stayed in a safe, clean and comfortable guest houses in angkok for exactly USD15. and USD 15 was for 3 person altogether!

came with a tub, hot water, air con, TV and great views. no breakfast and mini fridge tho.

the more expensive hotels are no doubt more luxurious, but they are usually further from the centre of town. which is the Bar Street area. so you end up paying more to get a ride into town.

i cant refer you to a website, cause usually these cheaper guests houses do not list themselves online. you just need to snoop around for it. plenty of these guest house around i assure you.

not to worry about reservations, June is the low season. should have plenty of vacancies:)

have fun!

i've stayed in a safe, clean and comfortable guest houses in angkok for exactly USD15. and USD 15 was for 3 person altogether!

came with a tub, hot water, air con, TV and great views. no breakfast and mini fridge tho.

the more expensive hotels are no doubt more luxurious, but they are usually further from the centre of town. which is the Bar Street area. so you end up paying more to get a ride into town.

i cant refer you to a website, cause usually these cheaper guests houses do not list themselves online. you just need to snoop around for it. plenty of these guest house around i assure you.

not to worry about reservations, June is the low season. should have plenty of vacancies:)

have fun!

Care to share the website? :)
So you mean it is walking distance to Angkor Wat?

have fun!

Sounds good, are you able to provide a description of the area or road name? Or the name of your guesthouse?

I stayed at Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel last week.
Abt 25usd per nite (my package price wid a local guide).
Decent amenities if you are just a basic tourist, clean room and beddings, (comes with swimming pool & importantly free Wifi at the ground level only)

Only discount is there is no elevator and the room cleaning service is not as efficient as modern hotels, put a note for room cleaning, it was only done after noon.
In room, there is no kettle nor drinking water supply. Need to go to the hotel eating area, ask for hot water. I buy my drinks from outside.

Outside hotel is a main road filled with many local eatries (chinese & local cruisine) and nearby central market and night market (straight room down ahead).

Last edited:
Try looking for hotels here - http://www.angkorhotels.org/

Siem Reap is a good place to go.... people are friendly and even walking around at night or early morning is quite safe (even when I'm carrying a $2+K DSLR setup).... Do try the Fried Spider inside the old market.... 1000 riel per spider. Taste like soft shell crab :thumbsup:

Plan to bring my family to Siem Reap Cambodia during June School Holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good and reasonable hotel in Siem Reap? Budget is around $150 per day.

Thanks in advance!

I stayed at Tara Angkor...
It is pretty convenient and suits your budget..
A 4* hotel with good spread during breakfast.

:)

you can do a lot with a budget of S$150.
why dont you try staying a one of the numerous cheap and clean guesthouses there for USD15-USD20 per night, and spend the rest of the money on good food, souvenirs, tpt etc?
which guesthouse? there are plenty there ..... tripadvisor has reasonable reviews.

Care to share the website? :)
So you mean it is walking distance to Angkor Wat?

I don't think there are any places within walking distance of Angkor Wat. Transport or cycling is necessary.

you can do a lot with a budget of S$150.
why dont you try staying a one of the numerous cheap and clean guesthouses there for USD15-USD20 per night, and spend the rest of the money on good food, souvenirs, tpt etc?
which guesthouse? there are plenty there ..... tripadvisor has reasonable reviews.

Agree. Good guest houses in Siem Reap are cheap. They will also give you a more local and memorable experience compared to the modern hotels lining the road from the airport.

My wife planned a trip late next month. she booked golden temple villa at USD14 per night.
Website is www.goldentemplevilla.com

Seems like amenities and facilities are quite good.

It is located at the following place, not sure if near central or not (taken from their website)
map.gif

http://www.ei8htrooms.com/home.htm << I stayed here. Singaporean owned. Comfortable and cheap if you're not too fussed. 3 min walk into town. Staff was fluent in english and their "resident" guide was very good and experienced. Overall great for the price.

It is located at the following place, not sure if near central or not (taken from their website)

From the map it is not exact center but quite close (5 min walk?) to the Old Market and Pub Street. I think this is also within walking distance of the night market.

Actually this is good as I think staying directly at Pub Street would be too noisy and congested.

From the map it is not exact center but quite close (5 min walk?) to the Old Market and Pub Street. I think this is also within walking distance of the night market.

Actually this is good as I think staying directly at Pub Street would be too noisy and congested.

from the map, it is at most 1min walk away from bar street. if you are fast, maybe 30secs. just need to cross that main road running down the map.

Stayed at Angkoriana hotel when we went to the PSS trip in early Jan, pretty good, located just opposite the museum.