Siem Reap / Angkor itineraries - 5,6 or 8 days ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid Oct...... hopfully Rain had stop or not a full day downpour...... :sweat:

ic... then all the luck to u...:)
we will be going on next month... hope the weather is fine there..

ic... then all the luck to u...:)
we will be going on next month... hope the weather is fine there..

During the height of the rainy season ??!! :bigeyes: Wow.... think you need the luck more than me.... :sweat:

Mid Oct...... hopfully Rain had stop or not a full day downpour...... :sweat:

Hi there, i am a newbie in DSLR. Am thinking of traveling to SR for a couple of days in Oct too! Care to share whats your plans?

Cheers bro,

Hi there, i am a newbie in DSLR. Am thinking of traveling to SR for a couple of days in Oct too! Care to share whats your plans?

Cheers bro,

Walk Siem Reap for the 1st day.... candid street shots.... Go to see sunset in the eveing. Next 2-3 days.... Angkor Wat area, if bored, go only 2 days.... if not, then 3 days. Last day or 2, would be a trip out of Siem Reap..... I'm leaning towards a half day walking tour in the countryside. Take photos of farmers and farm..... :think:

I went last year and stayed at The Villa Siem Reap, and also booked packages with them to visit the temples and the stilted Village and Floating Village of Chong Kneas.

Check this out. http://www.thevillasiemreap.com/
You can consider the 5 nights package which cost only USD215 per pax... The food are not bad too... and within walking distance to the city centre...

5 days are more than enough to explore the floating villages and the temples.. I would suggest you stay 8 days in Cambodia 5 days in Siem Reap and 3 days in Phnom Penh...

Just been back from SR/PP 2 weeks ago.

I'd say 3 days is very much enough for Angkor Wat alone. I was on a short trip and took 1 day to sorta walk it all. Traveling in between the temples would need a van or tutu. But doesn't take more than 15mins in between.

I booked a van for 5 ppl at 35 USD that includes pickup from hotel and back to hotel.

Stayed in Royal Empire hotel, 45USD a night, great place and totally big room. (booked thru asiatravel)

There's nothing much in their town, it's quite small, maybe like the size of AMK town for shopping. Sorry not very "shoppy" person.

Bought some Tee shirt at 3 for 5 USD and some rubies at 4USD per piece. (I'm not sure they are real rubies but they do look nice for that price)

The food there is quite exp, 5 USD for a meal. But I don't really feel like eating the road side dust coated store..and it's not easy getting a standardised price when you're a tourist. They might quote you higher ( just like the fried crickets I tried...coz 20cents each! haha)

IMHO, SR alone , 5 days is more than enough for a good experience.

Just been back from SR/PP 2 weeks ago.

I'd say 3 days is very much enough for Angkor Wat alone. I was on a short trip and took 1 day to sorta walk it all. Traveling in between the temples would need a van or tutu. But doesn't take more than 15mins in between.

I booked a van for 5 ppl at 35 USD that includes pickup from hotel and back to hotel.

Stayed in Royal Empire hotel, 45USD a night, great place and totally big room. (booked thru asiatravel)

There's nothing much in their town, it's quite small, maybe like the size of AMK town for shopping. Sorry not very "shoppy" person.

Bought some Tee shirt at 3 for 5 USD and some rubies at 4USD per piece. (I'm not sure they are real rubies but they do look nice for that price)

The food there is quite exp, 5 USD for a meal. But I don't really feel like eating the road side dust coated store..and it's not easy getting a standardised price when you're a tourist. They might quote you higher ( just like the fried crickets I tried...coz 20cents each! haha)

IMHO, SR alone , 5 days is more than enough for a good experience.

Thxs for the info..... yeah, I want to try the fried crickets too.... but also lookin forward to try the fried Spider :lovegrin:

Seeing Angkor complex within 3 days..... if you are not a history, culture, architecture, nature buff..... yah, possible ... just do the fast food 'Been There, Done That.....NEXT !' routine .....

So for people who are of the 'Seen 1 temple, Seen them All'.....(I am sometimes like that).... the people and culture is often a facet which fascinates as well.

$1000 should be enough for airticket, hotel, food, guide service and Angkor Pass for 10 days.... just spend wisely

PLENTY can be saved on lodging if you put up at one of the many many US$3-5 a night backpacker establishments

Hire a licensed guide with his own motorcycle (US$13-16/day )...... cheaper than a car/guide...... ALOT cheaper and more fun if you like wind in your face

Last edited:
Seeing Angkor complex within 3 days..... if you are not a history, culture, architecture, nature buff..... yah, possible ... just do the fast food 'Been There, Done That.....NEXT !' routine .....

So for people who are of the 'Seen 1 temple, Seen them All'.....(I am sometimes like that).... the people and culture is often a facet which fascinates as well.

$1000 should be enough for airticket, hotel, food, guide service and Angkor Pass for 10 days.... just spend wisely

PLENTY can be saved on lodging if you put up at one of the many many US$3-5 a night backpacker establishments

Hire a licensed guide with his own motorcycle (US$13-16/day )...... cheaper than a car/guide...... ALOT cheaper and more fun if you like wind in your face

Thxs..... ;)

I guess you have to be clear what you want to get out of the trip, serious NGS like documentary photography, travel photography, history, or been there done that.

Other than many historical artifac, the apsaras, the carvings on the stones - if you got a good guide to explain the story behind the carvings - can be very interesting. Then it will be how you could picture that story.

5 days can be long, or it can be very short as there are only 5 sunrises and 5 sunsets if you really want to get one best shot, you may have to revisit the places and get the time, the angle, the pond reflection well. - hey the monk in robe won't sit still waiting for you, unless you hire one to.

I find there are more lifes within the SR compound, kids touting, - these are good candid shots.

Alternative to road to PP, you can evaluate boat via Tonlesap, while it is typically overloaded and the boat risk overturn - but this is life.

I personally find it hard to take photo at the KF and the prison, it can just be emotional overcoming what to do take, the souls?

I prefer back to life on the street, like SR or PP, where it reflects the future of the Cambodian, the hope. I do hear that it is not so safe, keep the travel simple and low profile.

I have not been to the green though I shoud have, just follow advise. I don't think the mines are fully cleared - never - so follow cleared path and always have a local guide, it may just cost you a couple of US$ to hire one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.