Sid Meier Civilization IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
Hi,

Anyone play turn based strategy game, Sid Meier's latest Civilization IV?

Anyone know availability of this game in Singapore? Price? Where to buy?

Thanks!
Arto.

Oct 11, 2005
i think it should be out already...give challenger a call. that's what i always do before going down to buy a game.

i've got it already, but i'm not sure if its out in singapore, as i received it as a gift.
all i can say is that it is much better than CIV3! graphics are a major change, but somehow, i much prefer the gameplay now. it seems slightly less repetitive. also, each game seems to be faster paced. within 2 days of playing, i am already at the age where u can obtain infantryman and calvary.
one weird change is that u no longer need saltpeter. ie. it does not appear on the map, u can just build musketman once u researched the technology.

Oct 11, 2005
on the topic of games, i think that a new release "THE MOVIES" should be quite fun. it is a tycoon style game, where u manage the cashflow of a movie studio. also, u can make your own movies which seems pretty interesting to me....
wonder if they are gonna have a "studio photographer" version :D

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
maritimus831 said:
i think it should be out already...give challenger a call. that's what i always do before going down to buy a game.

i've got it already, but i'm not sure if its out in singapore, as i received it as a gift.
all i can say is that it is much better than CIV3! graphics are a major change, but somehow, i much prefer the gameplay now. it seems slightly less repetitive. also, each game seems to be faster paced. within 2 days of playing, i am already at the age where u can obtain infantryman and calvary.
one weird change is that u no longer need saltpeter. ie. it does not appear on the map, u can just build musketman once u researched the technology.
Waaaaa....., Thanks!!!! Must go to Funan tommorow ;) .

I played and buy all the add pack for Civ3. But haven't play it in the past 6 months due to have only one notebook at this moment (must share with my wife, and I don't like to play only 1/2 hour perday :sweat: ).

But, my wife somehow allowed me to buy Civ4 (confirm already :bsmilie: ). Heee....., if I can buy all my favorite lenses like buying Civ4.... :( .

Thanks again!
Arto.

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
Astin said:
I played CIV I,II,III, and hope that CIV IV will have better AI build-in.
From the reviews....., it is..... Civ4's AI is better than Civ3.

BUY BUY BUY (this time CIV4, not lenses or camera :bsmilie: ).

Regards,
Arto.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Artosoft said:
From the reviews....., it is..... Civ4's AI is better than Civ3.

BUY BUY BUY (this time CIV4, not lenses or camera :bsmilie: ).

Regards,
Arto.
Hope so, for CIV I/II/III, it was too easy to win, once I figured out and remembered the technology chart...

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
just saw the AgeOfEmpires 3 ad on tvmobile just now.. O_O"

destiny_star

Apr 12, 2004
Errz said:
make sure ur system meet the Minimum System Requirements

i cant play the game cause i still using Geforce 3 TI and its real slow. :cry:
wah... u call that a min?! OMG! haha... :sweat: guess i'm so out of touch from computers.
still hanging on to my 3.5yrs old pc.. but playing AOE2 and CIV II is not a prob.. keke..

destiny_star said:
wah... u call that a min?! OMG! haha... :sweat: guess i'm so out of touch from computers.
still hanging on to my 3.5yrs old pc.. but playing AOE2 and CIV II is not a prob.. keke..
alot games need more power to run now. my video card really cannot make it liao
and video card r so ex man....

destiny_star

Apr 12, 2004
Errz said:
alot games need more power to run now. my video card really cannot make it liao
and video card r so ex man....
yes i so agree with you.. it's really all abt graphics cards, ram and hdd storage. goodness!
i'm still using my 64MB Leadtek graphics card but it's gd. :thumbsup:

Geckorian

Feb 10, 2004
Civ is definitely a classic! Haven try 4 yet though. Worried once I start, I'll be glued to my computer :bsmilie:

kelccm

Mar 2, 2004
A village in a forest
Civilisation. My all time favourite game!! I had been hooked on this game ever since I played the 1st Civ. Just read in the paper about the review on Civ IV, and have been eager to lay my hands on 1 copy of it. This game can be so addictive.

Shodan99

Nov 5, 2004
Very enjoyable game.. hee. Just about managed to peel myself off the computer and go to bed...

paradigm

Aug 12, 2004
kelccm said:
Civilisation. My all time favourite game!! I had been hooked on this game ever since I played the 1st Civ. Just read in the paper about the review on Civ IV, and have been eager to lay my hands on 1 copy of it. This game can be so addictive.
agree :)

me playing CIV III until wee hours ... wake up a panda ... ;p

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Civ IV should be a turn based strategy game, not a real time strategy game, so the demand on graphic card should not be that high, I guess most likely its for those videos after u build up a world of wonder, and they should have a feature to turn off these videos if not enough graphic card support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom