Sick of the job market

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
Whilst some of us are happily enjoying working life or finding it easy to get from one job to the next, others like me are struggling like crazy. Any advice?:angry:

You must know what you want. You must know you are not the only one suffering. You must know

THIS IS JUST A J.O.B!

Just Obey Boss!

:bsmilie:

Whilst some of us are happily enjoying working life or finding it easy to get from one job to the next, others like me are struggling like crazy. Any advice?:angry:

Hi Take a break and find out where went wrong and move on, life is no easy way but only when we are happy with what we are doing, and enjoying doing it.

Don't get Angry,
Revise Your Plan,
Revise Your Tone during Interview,
Do Your Homework,
Don't aim too far
Don't stop trying,
Be nice to everyone
Always keep an Open Option
Complain to your fellow collegue over beer and lend a listening ear
Don't take things so hard

:p

You must know what you want. You must know you are not the only one suffering. You must know

THIS IS JUST A J.O.B!

Just Obey Boss!

:bsmilie:

I do know what I want but am not getting it. This is frustrating!

Don't get Angry,
Revise Your Plan,
Revise Your Tone during Interview,
Do Your Homework,
Don't aim too far
Don't stop trying,
Be nice to everyone
Always keep an Open Option
Complain to your fellow collegue over beer and lend a listening ear
Don't take things so hard

:p

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Take a break and find out where went wrong and move on, life is no easy way but only when we are happy with what we are doing, and enjoying doing it.

'BREAK'. My advice is never take a long break. That was my biggest mistake in the past. People say that you are so out of touch. Anyway, I need a short break right now as I am so tired of those interviewers.

If you're going for interview, expectations aside, don't just smile. Regardless of how nervous / bad / annoyed you're feeling at that time, try to actually look confident, pleasant, happy and cheerful (and of course presentable). Be someone they want to work with for 8 hours or more a day. My company was hiring recently, and this candidate really stand out from the rest.

Maybe because you don't have what employers want?

No, the long break is not your biggest mistake.
Despairing *will* be your biggest mistake.
Heed some of the words posted in the threads.... (like some of the big chinese characters...:))

'BREAK'. My advice is never take a long break. That was my biggest mistake in the past. People say that you are so out of touch. Anyway, I need a short break right now as I am so tired of those interviewers.

When you face setbacks, remember this. Frustration and complains will make you feel better but they do not solve anything. The problems will still exist. Focus not on the process of achieving your dream, its also about how u lead your life. Lastly, when ppl screw you, part of it is cos they care. If they don't bother, they could have just kept quiet. Do a youtube search on "The Last Lecture" and perhaps the video can renew your believe and strength. Below are his words, extracted from his last lecture.

"The Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out, they let us prove how badly they want things. Brick walls are there to stop people who didn’t want it badly enough. They are there to stop those people.

It’s not how you achieve your dreams, it’s how you live your life. If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, your dreams will come to you.

When you are doing a bad job and nobody points out to you, that’s when they have given on you. When somebody ride you for two hours, it just mean that they care, to make you better."

quoted: Dr Randy Pausch

Status
Not open for further replies.