Sianzzz!!! New Samsung Sd card from IT show doesn't work in k30.....

fastfrag

Oct 1, 2007
Brothers out there using K30... do not buy the samsung SD card in the picture below

I just got this from the ITshow at MBS, disappointing :(

I have updated my k30 to version 1.03
formatted the sd card on the pc
still getting memory card error
The samsung sd card seems to work fine with my pc and my multimedia player
I guess might be compatibility issues

anywhere i can feedback about this?

check if the SD card is formatted as Fat32 or NTFS.

Cameras only read SD cards in Fat32

Brothers out there using K30... do not buy the samsung SD card in the picture below

I just got this from the ITshow at MBS, disappointing :(

I have updated my k30 to version 1.03
formatted the sd card on the pc
still getting memory card error
The samsung sd card seems to work fine with my pc and my multimedia player
I guess might be compatibility issues

anywhere i can feedback about this?

Last edited:
Tested with other cameras no issue

Most probably is compatibility issue ... Sianzzz

I tried full format on pc liaozzz pc liaozz, still cannot

Anyway I went back to the booth, show them the problem, they change a new one for me, still same problem, end up refund, sibei Heng sia... Lol

Got myself a sandisk ultra 32gb instead lol

fastfrag said:
I tried full format on pc liaozzz pc liaozz, still cannot

Anyway I went back to the booth, show them the problem, they change a new one for me, still same problem, end up refund, sibei Heng sia... Lol

Got myself a sandisk ultra 32gb instead lol

I would stick to Sandisk as far as possible. I've used transcend without problems before but none of my Sandisks have ever failed me. That said, I'm sure some will eventually but that's life. :)

Yeah shall stick to sandisk, I have a transcend one as well but I guess sandisk is still the safest

sandisk cards were so cheap at MBS. i got a 16gb class 10 for $25. i cant imagine taking a risk with a different brand just to save a few dollars. :dunno:

from best bargain...
Sandisk extreme (class 10 45mb/s)
16GB $20.60
32GB $39.90

detritus said:
sandisk cards were so cheap at MBS. i got a 16gb class 10 for $25. i cant imagine taking a risk with a different brand just to save a few dollars. :dunno:

Aiya of course not to save a few dollars lahzz it looks quite nice Mah lol

i'm sure its very long lasting also... since anecdotal evidence suggests that there is a 50% chance of card error when u take a picture. that's probably a new feature to preserve the card by preventing u from saving photos that dun reach a certain standard. that may make your card last twice as long. :bsmilie:

I would stick to Sandisk as far as possible. I've used transcend without problems before but none of my Sandisks have ever failed me. That said, I'm sure some will eventually but that's life. :)

I used to feel the same way about Sandisk. sadly one of my cards recently started giving me problems (seemingly random read errors) on my x-e1 - at least no corrupt/unreadable files yet.

I used to feel the same way about Sandisk. sadly one of my cards recently started giving me problems (seemingly random read errors) on my x-e1 - at least no corrupt/unreadable files yet.

I think it is luck, and no brand can avoid lemons. But so far so good, fingers crossed that it stays that way... And of course, whenever I'm on a trip I always bring my portable media reader to backup just in case. If both fail then so be it. :bsmilie:

I also almost wanted to get the card. It look damn nice. Crap that it won't work with K30. So weird.

ranchy said:
I also almost wanted to get the card. It look damn nice. Crap that it won't work with K30. So weird.

That's why I'm reporting this here bro

edutilos- said:
I think it is luck, and no brand can avoid lemons. But so far so good, fingers crossed that it stays that way... And of course, whenever I'm on a trip I always bring my portable media reader to backup just in case. If both fail then so be it. :bsmilie:

I'm going Taiwan next month, bring 96gb of sd cards

Hopefully no issues lol

I'm going Taiwan next month, bring 96gb of sd cards

Hopefully no issues lol

If you can, just bring a laptop along to backup or portable hard disk with backup function. The issue is not with running out of space, but the memory card failing. So creation of copies is the main issue, not the amount of space. :)