Sianz... Starhub discontinue my Ultimate Value Pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
argh...

sianz... no more Starhub Ultimate Value Pack...

previously have most of the channels, and extra 1 set top box foc... but have to pay extra for the digital box thou...

now they are discontinuing it... further more... no more such 'value' packs...

And apart from that, still have to pay alot more... wt... almost additional 50-75% more...

Time to scrutinize my channels... :cry:

think you can try to give them a call to threaten to stop subscription...

I called to threaten to stop both broadband and cable tv to switch to cheaper singtel broadband and mio ... and got quite a good discount, but need to sign 2 years

think you can try to give them a call to threaten to stop subscription...

I called to threaten to stop both broadband and cable tv to switch to cheaper singtel broadband and mio ... and got quite a good discount, but need to sign 2 years

haha.. no choice if they really dont budge.. no alternative operators offering the same channels.. miotv dont have stuff like discovery ngc history channel.. :sweat:

i think not only me, they have a form for me already...

kinda stupid... give me 30% off if i subscribe to a minimum of 149.80 of channels for 1 year... then went to their website and see, all the 'packs' only for new subscribers... wt...

Maybe competition from the "Next Generation National Broadband Network" where smaller players can come in.

"....a joint roll out plan towards achieving 60 per cent coverage of all residential premises and non-residential buildings by end 2010, and 95 per cent of all residential premises and non-residential buildings by 2012."

Source : Singapore's Nationwide Next Generation National Broadband Network Deployment On Track

Best is to remain status-quo and avoid contracts.

Not happen to you only. They kept removing value pack recently. End up you are paying more in future tho. I find it a lil irritating that they been doing that

i think not only me, they have a form for me already...

kinda stupid... give me 30% off if i subscribe to a minimum of 149.80 of channels for 1 year... then went to their website and see, all the 'packs' only for new subscribers... wt...

The 30% off is for you now or discount for you?

My Chinese Value Pack also got that discount but, after calculating the discount, they are still the same price as what I am holding. For existing customer, discount for a yr and then after that, shoot up. Plain stupid. :thumbsd:

Maybe competition from the "Next Generation National Broadband Network" where smaller players can come in.

"....a joint roll out plan towards achieving 60 per cent coverage of all residential premises and non-residential buildings by end 2010, and 95 per cent of all residential premises and non-residential buildings by 2012."

Source : Singapore's Nationwide Next Generation National Broadband Network Deployment On Track

Best is to remain status-quo and avoid contracts.

its not about contracts, since i'm not bounded hence this kinda crap...

if there's contract, they won't change the plans like that.

The 30% off is for you now or discount for you?

My Chinese Value Pack also got that discount but, after calculating the discount, they are still the same price as what I am holding. For existing customer, discount for a yr and then after that, shoot up. Plain stupid. :thumbsd:

same lor, 1 year... and no discount on set tops and such, only channel subscription.

its not about contracts, since i'm not bounded hence this kinda crap...

if there's contract, they won't change the plans like that.

If you're not bounded, you're free to switch but since nobody is offering, you're effectively stuck. But that doesn't mean in the near future, no one else is going to offer sometime that you require which entices you to switch, that's where the contracts comes in.

I would think that with the "Next Gen NBN" bandwidth, there will be more PayTV operators.

As a SH user, I don't feel valued. To me, the SH broadband page seems to value NEW subscribers. At least in the Singnet broadband page, there is a link for OLD subscriber to re-contract. Maybe I never look hard enough on the SH page. :bsmilie:

argh...

sianz... no more Starhub Ultimate Value Pack...

previously have most of the channels, and extra 1 set top box foc... but have to pay extra for the digital box thou...

now they are discontinuing it... further more... no more such 'value' packs...

And apart from that, still have to pay alot more... wt... almost additional 50-75% more...

Time to scrutinize my channels... :cry:

Then it is time u discontinue their service la...:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.