SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird17

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2008
north
just to rant.. was abt to close my deal for my D80+grip when the buyer sms me say his yr end bonus got delay so can offer me $500 first BUT he want the camera. If you are working cant you pay full first? and when i offered him that he pay $200 deposit and i will draft a contract and will pass the whole setup to him after he pay full on 19 Dec he refuse and keep insisting he want the camera with deposit of $500. btw we were to deal on 26 when i'm back.

Do you guys think it's fair? i have told him before hand not to PS as i be having ongoing deals.

though legally i think a contract is form and it's make known the importance of this deal.

well just to get it off my chest.. the feeling SUCKS!!! now i need to dig even deeper to pay for my other purchases!!! :thumbsd: to that buyer man!! btw he's a new member. always with new members u get these....;(;(

Once the goods in the buyer's hands it will be very difficult to get the remaining $$. After all he got what he wanted, you think he will care about you?

But can be creative abit. Does he have anything else valuable? Like jewelery or antiques etc. He can pay $500 plus leave his mom's jewelery with you and get his camera. Can redeem the jewelery when his pay check comes in.

Frankly ... I say "Don't Bother" .....

These kinds of deals are hard to close and even with a contract ... it is going to be difficult to collect if he does not want to pay .... Go to the police or go to small claims court or what ..... ???

Taking an item of value from him mean you have to get the item evaluated ... ? That would already cost money .... Why go through all the hassel ....

Get another buyer in the B&S ....

What if he got new playstation/xbox/lcd tv ?

Anyway you can ask him bring his stuff to the pawnshop with you. After pawning you take $$ he take the ticket. Settled.

Last edited:
I had a buyer who once messaged me something that went "serious buyer, ready to deal anytime" then OK I had other buyers, but since he messaged me first I decided to keep the others on hold.

When I started to ask him (same day) when to deal, he ignored my smses, and finally said that he is not interested anymore.

Seriously well done.

I think when selling, can always put in the clause that the seller can sell it to anyone as he/she deem fit.

Once the goods in the buyer's hands it will be very difficult to get the remaining $$. After all he got what he wanted, you think he will care about you?

But can be creative abit. Does he have anything else valuable? Like jewelery or antiques etc. He can pay $500 plus leave his mom's jewelery with you and get his camera. Can redeem the jewelery when his pay check comes in.

i tot of giving him the grip only for $200 deposit at least no loss. but he insist $500 just camera with charger. i mean he is a new member only 13 post so i scare la.. if some regular here even if i dunno him i think i can trust. well.. yea i get your pt the thing was because i can only deal on 26nov. i had others too who offer quite gd prices but i HONORED y deal but kenna play out.

fishy la.. anyway, he calls himself or rather signs off as 'the scientist' just take note. now i need to find $1.6k to not ps my other sellers!! wad amazes me is he is a working fella can't come out $1k first meh? need bonus?

Last edited:
i tot of giving him the grip only for $200 deposit at least no loss. but he insist $500 just camera with charger. i mean he is a new member only 13 post so i scare la.. if some regular here even if i dunno him i think i can trust. well..
Just telll him to come back when he has the complete funds, looks like he wants to pull a fast one on you

HS

This is crappy. Imagine if you had deal with someone else on another item and need that cash. However, due to the called off deal you are unable to get the money to fund ur needs and you item has to be delayed.

stinks..

Find other buyers bigbird;)

For me, I would not put myself into a situation of deposit , contract etc.
Its always full cash on delivery, save both parties any heartache and headache.
That said, a short personal warranty after the sale is reasonable.

This is crappy. Imagine if you had deal with someone else on another item and need that cash. However, due to the called off deal you are unable to get the money to fund ur needs and you item has to be delayed.

stinks..

Find other buyers bigbird;)

yeah.. STINKS.. what to do.. people are like that. i will take note not to deal with new members. now that i have turned down 2 buyers b4 thy are not keen liao..

to HS

yes to sit down and think i think he is pulling a fast one. :thumbsd: in civilised singapore still got such ppl.. i tot i staying utopia :bsmilie:

For me, I would not put myself into a situation of deposit , contract etc.
Its always full cash on delivery, save both parties any heartache and headache.
That said, a short personal warranty after the sale is reasonable.

yeah i offered 1 wk personal warranty. anyway.. later after using the camera he say spoil haha than say dun wan liao ask me refund $500 i am screwed both ways.. :nono: better play safe. prices have dropped!!!

bigbird17, glad you did not get suckered into this scam. Stand firm on your decision.

I had one, asked me for ONE MONTH personal warranty for my Metz flash. What was he smoking? Where can I buy some?

bigbird17, glad you did not get suckered into this scam. Stand firm on your decision.

I had one, asked me for ONE MONTH personal warranty for my Metz flash. What was he smoking? Where can I buy some?

yeah thanks mate!! 1mth is abit too much. i think 1 wk is more than enough.. normally 3 days. there was an issue between simon_84 and someone before . 1 mth after buying lens suay suay spoil ask him to pay for repair lol..

just to rant.. was abt to close my deal for my D80+grip when the buyer sms me say his yr end bonus got delay so can offer me $500 first BUT he want the camera. If you are working cant you pay full first? and when i offered him that he pay $200 deposit and i will draft a contract and will pass the whole setup to him after he pay full on 19 Dec he refuse and keep insisting he want the camera with deposit of $500. btw we were to deal on 26 when i'm back

don't do contracts

so mar fun

sure got buyer will get it at full upfront price, just wait longer

don't do contracts

so mar fun

sure got buyer will get it at full upfront price, just wait longer

yeah. ok. because i rejected 2 other buyers who offered slightly higher as he said v keen and tat he is away too and can deal on the 26 nov. :S

seems like a few D80 fellas kenna fly aeroplane wonder if its the same guy!

i purchasing a few stuffs and getting them soon so i had highlighted to him i commit to my other sales because of this sale i am doing with him and he say no worries he is a man of his words and that he will get it. thats why i feel so pissed else normally its okay. now need to dig out extra $$ for my stuffs

yea contracts ma fan plus if he run away with my cam for $500 i be the laughing stock of CS liao LOL and to get back the $$ too troublesome.. wonder if i get back the sum can sue for causing anxiety and me losing trust in people which in turn will cause me to lose substantial future income thru me being unable to work & trust people of which i can live on benefits my whole life :bsmilie:

i am dreaming!!! Talk C**k too much.. hopes a nice buyer comes along. competitive out there man..!!

Last edited:
cancel it, and find a new buyer.

once ur cam on his hand, it's his own already....

BigBird just a point to note, even some old bird here can't be trusted. Bottom line is show me the money 1st then give him the product. You are not doing some kind of charity work here ya ;) Ask him to go buy from shop lah, I think they will give him the camera first without paying.......:thumbsd:

BigBird just a point to note, even some old bird here can't be trusted. Bottom line is show me the money 1st then give him the product. You are not doing some kind of charity work here ya ;) Ask him to go buy from shop lah, I think they will give him the camera first without paying.......:thumbsd:

yea.. thanks.. seems like a few bros here in CS also experience same problem of kenna fly aeroplane. but than again at least they inform us earlier than on the day itself when u waiting there no show..

yeah thanks mate!! 1mth is abit too much. i think 1 wk is more than enough.. normally 3 days. there was an issue between simon_84 and someone before . 1 mth after buying lens suay suay spoil ask him to pay for repair lol..

ya funny thing is i don't understand how my plastic mount 18-55mm kit lens works fine for 8 months then suddenly can break down after 1 month plus and is due to the contacts some more...i remembered he has a rather soft handshake so i presume he is someone who will take care of his cam equipment.

assuming he take the d100 cam out of his bag by grabbing the 18-55mm barrel, the plastic mount sure gone case one...

i think after this case, i will stop dealing with single or double digit posters already.

is the 18-70mm still working fine ?

Last edited:
ya funny thing is i don't understand how my plastic mount 18-55mm kit lens works fine for 8 months then suddenly can break down after 1 month plus and is due to the contacts some more...i remembered he has a rather soft handshake so i presume he is someone who will take care of his cam equipment.

assuming he take the d100 cam out of his bag by grabbing the 18-55mm barrel, the plastic mount sure gone case one...

i think after this case, i will stop dealing with single or double digit posters already.

is the 18-70mm still working fine ?

yea.. me too stop working with those "newbies" yeah. sis using she wanna get the 18-135 for more reach. i am fine by me. well, i got a new buyer who will confirm by sunday. hope it works out!! then when we deal i was kinda new also what :p

Status
Not open for further replies.