SIA will inform

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Singapore Airlines and Qantas Airways Ltd said they would keep Chinese authorities informed of their flights through the area.

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-...ans-to-china-after-airspace-zone/1797686.html

Not our fight. No need to take sides. Just play along with it.

Let people see and decide for themselves who is being unreasonable. it is clear.

Image credit : Wikipedia

350px-Karte_ADIZ_Japan_und_ADIZ_East_China_Sea.jpg

Safety of the passengers is important.

They said they would shoot down any plane without a flight plan.

they said that?

wow, that is arrogant. flexing of muscle?

whoever has got bigger muscle wins

Business is business... Money talks... SIA is a money making company, have nothing to prove by putting its passenger in danger.

not only airspace, they also want the moon. LOL

Screen+Shot+2013-11-27+at+10.42.08+pm.png

I must say having read China's threats, I am very happy that SIA is being proactive by notifying the Chinese aviation authorities regardless of whether they were the intended target of such a air defence identification zone. :D

No they never said that. Don't make up nonsense

As a vulnarable mortal...if I have to fly through that area....I will definately going for SIA instead of ANA or JAL....I am sure many more people are like me.....airline has to decide whether which approach is making $ sense to them...

As a vulnarable mortal...if I have to fly through that area....I will definately going for SIA instead of ANA or JAL....I am sure many more people are like me.....airline has to decide whether which approach is making $ sense to them...

Oh please. China won't dare shoot down a passenger jet, or even threaten to do so. If they did that, they really will have everyone against them.

Oh please. China won't dare shoot down a passenger jet, or even threaten to do so. If they did that, they really will have everyone against them.

Good point that shows logical thinking. This whole thing is just a 'ego' competition to show who has the bigger 'xxxx'. Neither Japan or China will be silly enough to risk all going for just a few islands with resources whose quantities are yet unverified.

when you fail to plan
you fail to plane.

In any case, it's unlikely that SIA flights would be shot down.

There is a non-zero likelihood that there will be PRC Nationals on board SIA flights. Hopefully none of them are eating lunches stolen from citizens.

Sounds as if the 'proactive informing' is rather recommended by the company lawyers. It will reduce liability and risk exposure of the companies in case something really happens. From that point of view, it's only safeguarding shareholder interests, not passenger safety.

There were comments over recent "unilateral" declaration of ADIZ.

Hmm.... are they telling us that most or ALL of the other 20+ ADIZ declarations were NOT unilateral?
• From the very first ADIZ in 1950 by USA - were the affected countries surrounding any one of the 20+ declared ADIZs, properly consulted and their express agreement obtained in writing?

• Is there a world governing body that administers , regulates and upholds the "validity" of any declared ADIZ?

• It seems that countries can rule any other country's ADIZ as "invalid". As though their own ADIZ is "valid".

• If there is no world governing body and no express written agreement by surrounding countries - then even if country A declared their ADIZ earlier than country B; it does not mean that the earlier declared ADIZ is more valid than the other.

• Someone has commented that a certain country had unilaterally expanded its ADIZ twice (after the ADIZ was transferred to it by the US in 1969).
Expanded it unilaterally once in 1972 and again in 2010.

• So why the big fuss all of a sudden about most recent declared ADIZ when the world was content with the other 20+ ADIZs declared previously?

Countries that have declared ADIZ since 1950:

• USA
• Russia
• Canada
• Japan
• South Korea
• Taiwan
• Vietnam
• India
• Pakistan
• Norway
• UK
• Philippines
• PRC
......................................... List is incomplete.

No they never said that. Don't make up nonsense

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21590930-chinas-new-air-defence-zone-suggests-worrying-new-approach-region-face

They don't have to say it out loud. Action speaks louder than words.

They sent fighter jets armed with missile.

Do you think the purpose of these jets is to let you take photos ?

Even if they don't shoot the plane down, they may force it to land in China.

They want to force everyone to recognize the zone as Chin's territory.

Last edited:
rdn_529565a9db3d5.jpg

Everybody has an ADIZ in the area, just that China is the last to declare one.

Most comments I see on the web, there seems to be a mis-understanding between an No Fly Zone (NFZ) vs a Air Defence ID Zone (ADIZ).

The purpose of ADIZ is for identification. If the planes don't ID themselves, then other measures are to be considered.

China doesn't have to respond to every blip on the radar that crosses the boundary and maintains radio silence. They reserves the right to.

ADIZ is a concept. If for most part, planes (mostly civilian) start to ID themselves (and they will), then the concept holds true regardless of whether they are recognized by other governments or not.

A lot of media (whether on purpose or not), calling it an Air Defence Zone (leaving out the ID part) creates a very misleading impression.

The ADIZ is one thing. The other more interesting point is the inclusion of the diaoyudao/senkaku islands into the zone.

:)

To this point, a senior official in U.S. President Barack Obama's administration said Friday that commercial airlines are being told to abide by Beijing's call to notify it of plans to traverse the newly declared zone over the East China Sea, even if the U.S. government doesn't recognize it.
"We ... are advising for safety reasons that they comply with notices to airmen, which FAA always advises," the official said.
This advice reflects fears that the back-and-forth between the two sides could have unintended consequences involving not just opposing troops, but innocent civilians as well. It's a subtle change from two days earlier, when the State Department said "the U.S. government generally expects that U.S. carriers operating internationally" comply with other countries' mandates, rather than directing them to.
Whatever U.S. carriers do, two major Japanese airlines have refused to comply with China's declaration.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/29/world/asia/china-japan-us-tensions/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

rdn_529565a9db3d5.jpg

Everybody has an ADIZ in the area, just that China is the last to declare one.

Most comments I see on the web, there seems to be a mis-understanding between an No Fly Zone (NFZ) vs a Air Defence ID Zone (ADIZ).

The purpose of ADIZ is for identification. If the planes don't ID themselves, then other measures are to be considered.

China doesn't have to respond to every blip on the radar that crosses the boundary and maintains radio silence. They reserves the right to.

ADIZ is a concept. If for most part, planes (mostly civilian) start to ID themselves (and they will), then the concept holds true regardless of whether they are recognized by other governments or not.

A lot of media (whether on purpose or not), calling it an Air Defence Zone (leaving out the ID part) creates a very misleading impression.

The ADIZ is one thing. The other more interesting point is the inclusion of the diaoyudao/senkaku islands into the zone.

:)

China have spent a lot of money on new aircraft carrier and it is developing their own stealth fighter jets.

Analyst said China is trying to find an excuse to shoot down Japanese plane :(