Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunbucker

Sep 14, 2005
East Coast
sanzaw.smugmug.com
Venture Corp chairman's wife, who slapped SIA stewardess, let off with warning
Posted: 24 April 2008 1107 hrs

SINGAPORE: The wife of Venture Corp chairman and CEO, who was charged last month with slapping a Singapore Airlines stewardess, has been let off with a warning.

Tan Siew Hoon could have been jailed up to one year or fined $1,000, or both.

The 61-year-old had slapped stewardess Then Jiamin while on a flight to Japan last September.

Tan was visibly relieved as she left the Subordinate Courts on Thursday. She and her husband, Wong Ngit Liong, declined to comment. - CNA/ir

What..... the..... F___?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Because if you read the news carefully, there was a out of court settlement.... the stewardess must have demanded and gotten a whole lot of money and she pulled out of the case. That is why no more case....

just one more example that the rich are treated differently from the rest of us.

April 24, 2008
Tycoon's wife acquitted after prosecution withdrew slapping charge

"Tan recently settled a civil claim, for unspecified damages for 'emotional and mental distress', filed by the stewardess.

The stewardess had sought damages for 'emotional and mental distress' as a result of the 'wrongful assault and battery' as well as for defamation.

The terms of their settlement were confidential."

The case was pulled not because the prosecution didn't want to sue but the stewardess decided to withdraw her case.... so no more case.... and anyway she must have laughed her way to the bank.....

just one more example that the rich are treated differently from the rest of us.

ha. if they offer you a huge sum of money, you won't drop the case?

don't kid anyone here :)

I hear it was about 250k.

this reminds me of one of my ex ex boss of a company (ie rich $$$ and hence well connected), he can slap or get people to beat up a person and still walk away, nothing much you can do. and he repeatedly says it during weekly meetings and challenge you to report him.. so thats why he is my ex ex boss. ha ha ha.

another case

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367494

simply untouchable.

U may try to enrol to SIA and become the steward, then chit chat with the CEO wife, see whether the CEO will slap u or not...

scarly the ceo happy u take the wife away :sweat:

ha. if they offer you a huge sum of money, you won't drop the case?

don't kid anyone here :)

Depanding on how "huge" is the sum :think:

If it's really "hugh" by my standard, I'd be a kid not to accept :bsmilie:

like they say, everyone has got a price (by money).

or like they say, everyone has got a pressure point (by force).

slap me, slap me.

i believe that you got the facts of the case wrong.

this present case before the court is by the public prosecutor. i.e. the state is charging her.

the civil case initiated earlier by the sia stewardess concerned has been settled out of court.

Because if you read the news carefully, there was a out of court settlement.... the stewardess must have demanded and gotten a whole lot of money and she pulled out of the case. That is why no more case....

Status
Not open for further replies.