SIA sacks SQ006 pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/14379/1/.html

Calling the termination harsh and untimely, the Air Line Pilots Association of Singapore says it is very disappointed with SIA.

The association says this is especially after the robust defence put up by the Transport Ministry to prove the pilots were not totally at fault, something which it says had led to Taiwan prosecutors dropping the charges against them.

I wonder what SIA is thinking :dunno:

Why were they fired? :angry: They didn't do anything on purpose, did they?

The company which Singapore is so proud of.... may not be as good an employer as most of us may think it is.

For those in the know, SIA pilots are paid very low compared to other airlines. Remember Cathay strike by their pilots? They are paid like US$10k/mth, and they go on strike. Well, our pilots are paid much less than that. You might say, perhaps better working environment?

Then again, remember the air stewardess who braved her life to save victims in the crash and got burned as a result? Remember her allowance being taken away ruthless when she can no longer fly as air stewardess due to her burn?....

How did SIA remain profitable even when all the rest have fallen apart?

Well, all I can say is that there is a price for everything...

wah !!! it really happening ar ????
first the stewardesses..
now the pilot......
later what else?????

I guess SIA feels it can answer to its conscience since it stood by the pilots till they were "safe" ...

Originally posted by Shadus
How did SIA remain profitable even when all the rest have fallen apart?

Well, all I can say is that there is a price for everything...

A cynic might say that SIA and QANTAS remain profitable for the same reasons .. ba$tards as senior management, taking the Arthur Anderson creative accounting courses and of course screwing over their opposition or airlines they have a part ownership in (Ansett ring a bell SIA?) :devil:

Well, i personally worked with SIA before, shooting training videos for flight crew and i may personnally add, them want to pay the least and squeeze the most out they could milk off. The senior staff are basta*ds in their best, all the talk about 'giving the best' and the plastic smiles they pounder at you.

I have refuse to use SIA for travelling ever since working with them. I never felt so lousy working for a group of company before.

;(

it's a retirement farm for ex-govt personnel mah..
so I was happy that some guy actually took 35 million from them... too bad he returned it...

Hmm.. Just curious. If the pilot and co-pilot of the SQ006 were to come back. Will you feel safe if you were to take their flights?

how wd u know if they are the pilots?
kinda like the 10-tonner v-com saying "come on lah, it's just a small slope....go!"

Originally posted by Klause
Hmm.. Just curious. If the pilot and co-pilot of the SQ006 were to come back. Will you feel safe if you were to take their flights?

Do we get to see the pilot before each flight?

I think its too late if you hear the pilots name. The plane will be taxing out to fly soon.:rbounce:

Originally posted by Belle&Sebastain
I think its too late if you hear the pilots name. The plane will be taxing out to fly soon.:rbounce:

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.