SIA is 3rd best in 2012

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
The world's best airline for 2012 is ... | CNNGo.com

Notice something about the list?
They are mostly Asian airlines.
I have no idea how on earth MAS could make it to 10th place. Surely there are better airlines in the world than MAS.

Why is Lufthansa not on the list?

The 2012 World Airline Awards

Airline of the year:

1. Qatar Airways
QR-02-qatarisbooming.com_.jpg

2. Asiana Airlines

3. Singapore Airlines

4. Cathay Pacific Airways

5. ANA All Nippon Airways

6. Etihad Airways

7. Turkish Airlines

8. Emirates

9. Thai Airways

10. Malaysia Airlines

Last edited:
Lufthansa is not that good... And most international flights are code-shared on SQ, etc. ;)

But after all my experiences with SQ, it does not deserve to be in 3rd. Maybe 8th.

My experience with Lufthansa has been pretty bad. I try not to fly it.
All the American Airlines are horrible. That doesn't leave too many others to choose from.

Lufthansa economy class is just bad. I'll take SIA economy class anyday.

Lufthansa economy class is just bad. I'll take SIA economy class anyday.

lol.. all the stewardess are overweight..

emirate in 8th? they deserve better rank

turkish airways #7? lol, maybe that was a few years back, but i recalled taking turkish airways to istanbul, they pratically cleared my plate (by brute force) 10 min after serving... not impressed at all =_=

lol.. all the stewardess are overweight..

emirate in 8th? they deserve better rank

you talking about overweight on lufthansa or sia?
my last flight on lufthansa: plane was cramped, no personal in-flight entertainment, stewart just threw my bag with cam+lens into overhead compartment.

Have you sat MAS before, why do you think it is bad? :dunno:

MAS has an image problem (losing gazillions every year) but from ppl who actually flew on it it's quite good.

MAS has an image problem (losing gazillions every year) but from ppl who actually flew on it it's quite good.

i had a good experience on the MAS flight itself, my prob was the connection at KLIA, connection delays up to 3 hours are pretty common for flights to europe... now i chose to pay more for a direct flight out of SG...

Lufthansa is not that good... And most international flights are code-shared on SQ, etc. ;)

But after all my experiences with SQ, it does not deserve to be in 3rd. Maybe 8th.

same here. after taking SQ a couple of times... my most recent experience was not a good one.

first the flight (Sydney to SG) was delayed for 30 mins (original flight was 550pm but only took off at 620-630pm) then later they serve the food late at 9+pm (was super hungry already) but dunno why... only the seat I am sitting that particular stretch no one was serving food until much later while other stretch there was back and forth. almost erupted and gonna ask where the hell all the air stewardess went?

can't blame me for foul mood cos i was doing a 1 day biz trip to Sydney... flew in from the previous midnight, going back on the same day in the evening. Was tired and very hungry.

you talking about overweight on lufthansa or sia?
my last flight on lufthansa: plane was cramped, no personal in-flight entertainment, stewart just threw my bag with cam+lens into overhead compartment.

overweight on lufthansa and the in-flight service is just so-so..

Yes, I sat on it before. It is not bad actually... But I am not picky. :dunno:

MAS service is not bad but not the landing, i mean 3 wheels landing on MAS if you have experienced it before.. it is always the last option

talking about bad experience with SQ, my sis took biz clas flight from JFK to SG, the plane was grounded for 4 hours plus on the runway, and passengers were not allowed to leave the aircraft, the exit door was left open for ventilation... funny thing is one passenger sitting on the exit row fell asleep and when he woke up after a few hours, and saw the door open, he thought he arrived in SG, and said.. wow that's fast... LOL

funny thing is one passenger sitting on the exit row fell asleep and when he woke up after a few hours, and saw the door open, he thought he arrived in SG, and said.. wow that's fast... LOL

this is really funny :bsmilie:

A good landing is the one that you always walk away from.

The 2012 World Airline Awards

Airline of the year:

1. Qatar Airways
QR-02-qatarisbooming.com_.jpg

2. Asiana Airlines

3. Singapore Airlines

4. Cathay Pacific Airways

5. ANA All Nippon Airways

6. Etihad Airways

7. Turkish Airlines

8. Emirates

9. Thai Airways