SIA charges for exit row seats on economy class

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sit beside the Exit Door is to standby in case of emergency, i will have to bear the responsibility of opening the Exit for the rest of the passengers to jump...

so isnt it supposed that the airline should be paying me instead?? :sweatsm:

Seat nearst toilet is the safest as you can run inside and lock yourself in it in case of terrorist attack. :)

Seat nearst toilet is the safest as you can run inside and lock yourself in it in case of terrorist attack. :)

bad idea, wad if terrorists 1 2 use? bet they'll pry e door open, i just hope u din overexpose! :p

You cannot have your bags or luggage above you or under your feet if you are seating at Exit row seat. Have to place your luggage elsewhere with others. I have been assigned the exit row seats twice, nice legroom! Especially when you are in a budget airline's aircraft but you'll lost time trying to get your luggage when others simply just get it from above.

That is incredibly Singaporean... :)
In SG, China and probably HKG, people go mad once the plane lands and rush for their luggage...

A few minutes more won't kill you... :cool:

Anyway, all of us can vote with our wallets. Those who feel aggrieved paying the extra dough can use the services of another airline, whilst those who are glad to pay will now have a choice.
If enough people walk away, SIA will eat humble pie, or everyone will just have to toe the line

As someone said, SIA is a profit making organisation. I think I should buy some of their shares now!

You cannot have your bags or luggage above you or under your feet if you are seating at Exit row seat. Have to place your luggage elsewhere with others. I have been assigned the exit row seats twice, nice legroom! Especially when you are in a budget airline's aircraft but you'll lost time trying to get your luggage when others simply just get it from above.

I dunno about you but I hate the idea of going through the super tight human traffic of a budget airline aisle to the end and take your luggage. Later to have to squeeze all the way back.

dun want...pple wait for toilet will keep looking at me...i shy..:sweatsm:

That is incredibly Singaporean... :)
In SG, China and probably HKG, people go mad once the plane lands and rush for their luggage...

A few minutes more won't kill you... :cool:

Thats what I often wonder also, everybody rush like mad for their bags, then all stand stupidly in the aisle for so long to wait for the cabin door to open.

Thats what I often wonder also, everybody rush like mad for their bags, then all stand stupidly in the aisle for so long to wait for the cabin door to open.

So IF i'm the first one who stand at the aisle with the bag, I'm the first few to leave the plane, means i'm the first few who can get passport chopped, means i'm the first few who get to reach the luggage belt (not that it matters since the order of luggage appearing is rather random...but hey, i'm singaporean, who cares?), means i have a SLIGHTLY REMOTE chance of leaving the airport earlier than the rest by 10 mins.... YAY!!!

So IF i'm the first one who stand at the aisle with the bag, I'm the first few to leave the plane, means i'm the first few who can get passport chopped, means i'm the first few who get to reach the luggage belt (not that it matters since the order of luggage appearing is rather random...but hey, i'm singaporean, who cares?), means i have a SLIGHTLY REMOTE chance of leaving the airport earlier than the rest by 10 mins.... YAY!!!

to be fair,

from my own experience, europeans are just as bad, if not worse when it comes to boarding the plane and exiting.. it is just a global trend.. i have given up. :bsmilie:

to be fair,

from my own experience, europeans are just as bad, if not worse when it comes to boarding the plane and exiting.. it is just a global trend.. i have given up. :bsmilie:

i concur. I absolutely hate taking ryanair/easyjet flights where the brits like to start standing and queuing one hour before the actual boarding time. Why can't everyone just relax and seat down, and only start standing to queue when the airport staff comes to check the boarding passes?

i concur. I absolutely hate taking ryanair/easyjet flights where the brits like to start standing and queuing one hour before the actual boarding time. Why can't everyone just relax and seat down, and only start standing to queue when the airport staff comes to check the boarding passes?

i can understand easyjet actually - it's free seating, so there is a reason

but ryanair has seat numbers! :bsmilie:

it's like rushing to a movie seating when you've already gotten your seat. i might have gotten one or the other mixed up though. but one of these two has seat numbers allocated, one does not.

Both Ryanair and Easyjet has no seat numbers allocation actually. I've taken both of them frequently enough over the past year to know hahaha..... I really notice that the british have almost the same "kiasu" attitudes that our neighbouring countries have been so disapproving of us of. Long queues for freebies, rushing for aeroplane seats, rushing to get off the plane, queue cutting, rushing into the tube to grab available seats and ignoring old people/ppl with difficulties...the Brits do it all the time. Maybe, just maybe we inherited the kiasuism from our colonial days.

Both Ryanair and Easyjet has no seat numbers allocation actually. I've taken both of them frequently enough over the past year to know hahaha..... I really notice that the british have almost the same "kiasu" attitudes that our neighbouring countries have been so disapproving of us of. Long queues for freebies, rushing for aeroplane seats, rushing to get off the plane, queue cutting, rushing into the tube to grab available seats and ignoring old people/ppl with difficulties...the Brits do it all the time. Maybe, just maybe we inherited the kiasuism from our colonial days.

hrm weird, i swear ryanair has seat allocation at the check-in counter..

but yar, i'm frequently amused by it. of course you do meet perfect british gentlemen and ladies, but i haven't really found many in london - more in the cumbria (lake district) area.. which made the touring there really quite pleasant.. :)

But if your GF comes and meets you in the airport and gives you 10 minutes of kisses and hugs then you'll be at the same time as anyone leaving the airport. :bsmilie:

If you can find one perfect British Gentleman must marry him quick quick not to miss chances. :)

have you mixed up my gender.. :bsmilie:

i can help the afghan girl hold a matchmaking session though! :bsmilie:

Who cares about exit row seats? :bsmilie:

window seats for me! ;p

wait...what if they start charging extra for that too?! :bigeyes:

So much for taking things easy on a holiday... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.