shutter speed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
what settings are recommended to take pictures of moving object? let say Trains, Buses, Cars.

Im using a Fujifilm S2000HD. Hope to hear replies from you guys soon. In need of help, urgently.

Set a higher shutter speed to get a freezed image of your subject.

Your question is rather vague and its hard to say much without knowing the conditions you are taking the photo in, burst mode might be of help.

1. Blurred background with sharp vehicle - learn to pan.
2. Sharp background with slightly blur vehicle - shutter speed varies with lighting condition and degree of blur desired.
3. Sharp background with sharp vehicle - wait for vehicle to park. ;)

Last edited:
Im still noob at photography, would like to learn from bros here.

Ah ic, increase shutter speed. But mine is set to 60. Is it enough?

The this link will help you to understand. Learn about the basics, otherwise you will not understand the advices and hints given.
Shutter speed is given as fractions of a second. It's 1/60sec, or 0.0166 seconds. If the number expressed by the fraction gets bigger then the shutter stays open longer. If the number gets smaller the shutter stays open shorter. This is also called exposure time.

The this link will help you to understand. Learn about the basics, otherwise you will not understand the advices and hints given.
Shutter speed is given as fractions of a second. It's 1/60sec, or 0.0166 seconds. If the number expressed by the fraction gets bigger then the shutter stays open longer. If the number gets smaller the shutter stays open shorter. This is also called exposure time.

Hi thanks for the link.

I asked my friend, he recommended 1/125 or 1/150. Better do some test shots soon. Besides reading the guide, best for me to try out the settings.

Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciate it. :)

You might find this of some interest. I did a whole series called "From A Bus Window". Here are some samples:

751b46191ff438445d782f8c644f3660.jpg

b85c3ddabf6df3e318a079720ab40a78.jpg

7b585ff2dafca905c32010923ed33b27.jpg

The first image was shot when the bus was still; the second and third were shot with the bus moving.

When I was shooting with the bus stationary, I could afford the luxury of whatever shutter speed I wanted. Naturally, when the bus was moving, I'd pick a faster shutter speed and open up my aperture/boost my ISO accordingly, so that I could freeze the frame.

Care to share in which areas you find it not good? It would be easier for others to suggest adjustments.

Sorry if i have made you guys confuse or what..

Its my first time using such a camera, i heard the camera its like a semi-pro camera. I used to own a normal digi cam, Kodak Cx7430, but i received the pamphlet from Fujifilm and i got attracted to the price and camera wise. So im not used to this kind of good camera as ive been using the normal cameras for quite awhile. FYI, i bought the fujifilm camera two days ago.

Sorry if i have made you guys confuse or what..

Its my first time using such a camera, i heard the camera its like a semi-pro camera. I used to own a normal digi cam, Kodak Cx7430, but i received the pamphlet from Fujifilm and i got attracted to the price and camera wise. So im not used to this kind of good camera as ive been using the normal cameras for quite awhile. FYI, i bought the fujifilm camera two days ago.

What I meant was that maybe you can say in which areas you feel your posted photo is lacking (in your words "not that good") , e.g. train too blur, overall pic too blur, etc.

Then we can try to give advice on settings and techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.