shutter speed decays with shutter count?

chan0458

Nov 30, 2007
NE Singapore
munpun.sharpcast.com
Hi, i have been using a Nikon D80 for nearly 3 years now, the shutter count is nearing 80,000. Is there something wrong with my camera if it can´t take 3 frames per second when it ages or should i just bring it down to the service centre? also, it can´t start in cold weather, not a problem in singapore but a very irritating one when i go travelling in cooler countries.

Likely a weak battery, old batteries after a number of years of usage will not hold sufficient charge to fire off in top burst, and will also shut down in cold weather. Test that with a buddy's new battery and see if this is the case.

Unlikely to be due to camera shutter.

Hi, i have been using a Nikon D80 for nearly 3 years now, the shutter count is nearing 80,000. Is there something wrong with my camera if it can´t take 3 frames per second when it ages or should i just bring it down to the service centre? also, it can´t start in cold weather, not a problem in singapore but a very irritating one when i go travelling in cooler countries.

can i ask how you determined that your camera cannot achieve 3 fps?

You mean, after 3 years has passed, you are worried that the fps would reduce, from 3 fps to 1 fps? And it couldn't stand against cold temperature anymore ? :think:

You mean, after 3 years has passed, you are worried that the fps would reduce, from 3 fps to 1 fps? And it couldn't stand against cold temperature anymore ? :think:

:confused: Jia lat liao, my PSP Slim now 3rd years liao, the game will run slower too .... :bsmilie: Just kidding.

can i ask how you determined that your camera cannot achieve 3 fps?

I don't exactly know how fast it can fire but i can sense that it is slower. like when you take sports photography, you intuitively know you can take the shot with continuous shot and the fast frame rate. Can't seem to do it now.

I don't worry about it, i have experienced the cold weather shut down in Europe and the fps one ( it feels like it, no concrete proof though)