shutter release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanette.z

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
www.flickr.com
Hey, everyone, I saw the term 'shutter release'. Does that mean the number of shots the camera has gone through. What if the shutter releases are used up for a camera? Does that mean the camera can't be used anymore?

Jeanette.z said:
Hey, everyone, I saw the term 'shutter release'. Does that mean the number of shots the camera has gone through. What if the shutter releases are used up for a camera? Does that mean the camera can't be used anymore?

shutter release is something like a wired remote, where you can control the pressing of the shutter.
shutter count is the number of shot which the shutter have fired

like the milage from a car gauge eh

hey nope..
its just a counter number that +1 whenever you take a pic from your camera...

Jeanette.z said:
like that if the shutter count finishes, does that mean the camera can't be used anymore?
still can be used.. until wear and tear gets in the way..

ExplorerZ said:
shutter release is something like a wired remote, where you can control the pressing of the shutter.
shutter count is the number of shot which the shutter have fired
the above is correct.
there isn't a fixed number of shutter counts before the camera "dies". If the shutter is worn out, just bring it into NSC to get it replaced and the camera can still be used.

Jeanette.z said:
like that if the shutter count finishes, does that mean the camera can't be used anymore?
No, imagine the car's mileage. It doesn't mean the car can't be used anymore when it reach certain number. Bring the car to service centre when it reach certain number is a good habit, as it can prolong the car's live. Same thing to the camera.

For Nikon camera, you can check your shutter count by using PreviewExtractor freeware program (google it). Canon camera I am not sure.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
No, imagine the car's mileage. It doesn't mean the car can't be used anymore when it reach certain number. Bring the car to service centre when it reach certain number is a good habit, as it can prolong the car's live. Same thing to the camera.

For Nikon camera, you can check your shutter count by using PreviewExtractor freeware program (google it). Canon camera I am not sure.

Regards,
Arto.

Thanx!
anyone know what software can check out the shutter count for canon?
I want to check my camera

Jeanette.z said:
Thanx!
anyone know what software can check out the shutter count for canon?
I want to check my camera

Try the Panda Exif checker.
Google for this software which is free.

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.

how to check shutter count for 35mm SLR?

zac08 said:
Try the Panda Exif checker.
Google for this software which is free.

should be opanda iexif. panda at China :bsmilie:

Artosoft said:
AFAIK, 35mm SLR don't have shutter counter.

Regards,
Arto.

they do have, just that we can't check since its not recorded down :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.