? shutter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wan

Sep 4, 2005
Hi all, i jus got myself a D80. While testing it @ home, I noticed that the image was partially blackened at the side when i put the speed to 400, @ 600 it was half block @ 1000 fully block ( no image shown ).... Is there anyway that I can rectify the problem or way to overcome it?? thanks..:embrass:

can u go google on the basic of photography

do you mean half of the image is black while the other half is not?

you tested with flash?

Please post the photos here :D Easier to know what going on. It can be mirror problem, or can be user problem, only have photo then can guess :D

Please post the photos here :D Easier to know what going on. It can be mirror problem, or can be user problem, only have photo then can guess :D

Yeah agreed. might either be user or internal prob. Might get those sometimes when you set your shutter speed too high (depending on subject). So anything below 400 is fine?

did you use flash... sounds like what happens when the shutter speed is too fast to allow the flash to properly illuminate...

Hi all, i jus got myself a D80. While testing it @ home, I noticed that the image was partially blackened at the side when i put the speed to 400, @ 600 it was half block @ 1000 fully block ( no image shown ).... Is there anyway that I can rectify the problem or way to overcome it?? thanks..:embrass:

simi speed 400 600 1000

is this iso or shutter speed?

if it is shutter speed then i guess it will be 1/400, 1/600, 1/1000 sec.. in that case no flash should come into play.. there is flash sync limit - i.e. 1/200 seconds is the shortest you can do? :dunno:

in any case, whatever it is, most people here are correct, NPNT (no picture no talk).. could be anything. for all we know, maybe you are waving your hand in front of the camera lens :bsmilie:

This is uncalled for. He did not make any comments that seemed to come from a lack of basic knowledge.

As night86mare asked, are you referring to shutter speed or ISO speed? Also, do you mean "block" or "black"?

If it is shutter speed, the higher the number, the darker the image will be. That is part of how exposure works, and I recommend reading up on it (such as Bryan Peterson's excellent Understanding Exposure).

If it is ISO speed, something is seriously wrong.

Could be shutter too.. like many said, please post images.

i think this occurs when the shutter is too fast

i think this occurs when the shutter is too fast

not really, your camera should have no trouble getting the picture

what the ts has described sounds like the shutter going kaput.. but that usually happens after quite a number of actuations

Can you read carefully before shooting your mouth and impart your "wisdom" of google knowledge?

Let me impart some too,

In B&S, if its too good to be true, then its too good to be true.

In this section, if you got nothing better to say, better to SAY NOTHING!:D:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.