shutter lifespan

Status
Not open for further replies.

teruranse

Dec 19, 2006
hi all... just wanna check with the pros here about the shutter lifespan of a pentax dslr... what do you do when the shutter lifespan reaches the limit? is it possible to repair or have to get a new one?

tks

hi all... just wanna check with the pros here about the shutter lifespan of a pentax dslr... what do you do when the shutter lifespan reaches the limit? is it possible to repair or have to get a new one?

tks

Normally Pentax users won't use their cameras like a machine gun, so not many would have their cameras reach the limit. But if the shutter does reach its limit, I'm sure Pentax would fix it for you :)

Don't worry about this too much, I think some other electric part inside the body would get spoiled way before the shutter stops working ;)

tks

I don't know when the shutter gonna die on my camera:dunno:. If it does happen. I will probably send it to the service center to fix it.;)

tks

you can easily replace it, i would think

for the normal non-professional user, i don't think you really need to worry about this.. to be honest you can have all the averages, and data but no one can really predict when any electronic/mechnical part is going to go..

on the bright side, if your camera does go during holiday at least you might have the option of buying a disposable film camera to take a few shots and keep memories

whereas professionals have to either get a backup or face their clients' wrath when they cannot produce results.. :dunno:

Don't worry about the shutter, uses it like your film SLR. When the shutter lifespan reached, it's time for you to upgrade your Pentax DLSR.:bsmilie:

My ME super & MV SLR still in working conditions.:D

thank you all for your wonderful assurance of the life span of the shutter... now i wont have to worry to much cos i use to shoot a few test shots first before actually pressing the shutter... once again tks to all the pros...

If I remember correctly, the life of a shutter mech is about 50,000 to 100,000 cycle for a non-pro model. That should last you for quite some time.

some reported 180k of shuttercount.. it will last long unless you shoot in BURST mode everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.