Shutter Happy Trip to Sichuan (jiuzhaigou, huangrong, rouergai) from 23-29 May

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from Ruo'ergai. The scenery is stunning especially at the Yellow River bends. When the sun rose behind the mountain, all we could say were "wow".

But before you go on this trip, there are a few things to take note of.

1. You really need 红景天 there. You get breathless by walking alone.
2. Get some training before setting off. There will be a lot of walking and climbing.
3. Do not travel through Wenchuan. Heavy traffic as heavy vehicle is now allow into Wenchuan and most parts of the road are still under repair. We caught in the jam for more than 4hrs.
4. Don't expect yourself to get to Ruo'ergai smoothly. There a few check points along the way. We nearly got turn back at 川主寺. Therefore, do have alternate plan.
5. Food and lodging are not cheap. Do bring more cash. Things cost 3 times more than Chengdu.
6. Weather change very sudden in Ruo'ergai. We have sunny day from morning till afternoon. Suddenly it become cloudy and windy in the evening (seem like going to have a snow storm). Therefore make sure you prepare enough clothing.

Thanks for your information, I am planning to go there this Oct for Autumn color. May I know how long will it take to drive from Jiuzhaigou to Ruoergai? You also mentioned there a few check points along the way, did they restrict foreigner to pass?

Hi! I intend to go in Authmn but still looking for people to go.
I think the price quoted here might be higher due to peak season.
I intend to plan for mid October, wanna join?

Thanks for your information, I am planning to go there this Oct for Autumn color. May I know how long will it take to drive from Jiuzhaigou to Ruoergai? You also mentioned there a few check points along the way, did they restrict foreigner to pass?

Hi! I intend to go in Authmn but still looking for people to go.
I think the price quoted here might be higher due to peak season.
I intend to plan for mid October, wanna join?

I also planed for mid Oct, backpack with my wife, and will illegally stay inside Jiuzhaigou for 1 or 2 nights, you want to join us??

BTW, introduce you a new place (七藏沟) near Songpan, this is 4 days horse-back riding and camping trip to a remote mountain. If I can find another 2 travelmates, I may consider to go this route. http://dodoni.blog.sohu.com/86288367.html

I also planed for mid Oct, backpack with my wife, and will illegally stay inside Jiuzhaigou for 1 or 2 nights, you want to join us??

BTW, introduce you a new place (七藏沟) near Songpan, this is 4 days horse-back riding and camping trip to a remote mountain. If I can find another 2 travelmates, I may consider to go this route. http://dodoni.blog.sohu.com/86288367.html

just PMed you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.