Shutter don't react?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper85

Oct 13, 2009
Hi guys,

Dunno whether this has there has been any old thread on this topic, i looked through couldn't see any though.

I was trying to take some pictures at night with my tripod. Realized that at some point, when i pressed on the shutter, my D90 doesn't react. Was wondering what does it mean.

Can anyone advise?

Long exposure noise reduction perhaps? The cam takes a blank frame with the same settings and subtracts the hot pixels and such from the actual image..

Did you check if the camera was focussed on anything at all?

Yes it was focused on sth. Becos i took some shots. Then when i shifted my position for another shot. I pressed the shutter. It didn't react.

Yes it was focused on sth. Becos i took some shots. Then when i shifted my position for another shot. I pressed the shutter. It didn't react.

After you shifted your cam, what did your cam focus at? For long exposure you need to wait the cam clear off the process depends on your shutter speed and whether you activate noise reduction then you can see through the vf and press the shutter button again

Can you be more specific

I was trying to take some pictures at night with my tripod. Realized that at some point, when i pressed on the shutter, my D90 doesn't react. Was wondering what does it mean.

You could check the displays and tell us if there was something shown like "Busy" or so. Without further details it's nothing but funny guessing here...

After you shifted your cam, what did your cam focus at? For long exposure you need to wait the cam clear off the process depends on your shutter speed and whether you activate noise reduction then you can see through the vf and press the shutter button again

Ok hmm.. I shifted my camera attached to a tripod. Trying to take another shot of a a tree. The background was very dark. Previous shots i took, the shutter speed was around 15s. I can see throught the vf. I realised that my VR was on (from previous use).
Previous shot I took was on these settings: ISO400, 10-15s, 18mm, f4.

That happens because you are not focusing on any particular object.
This might happen when the camera cannot focus due to the low amount of light.
:)

Might wanna try to shoot in MF instead.
Or make sure u got the green box focus thingy on screen, not red.

That happens because you are not focusing on any particular object.
This might happen when the camera cannot focus due to the low amount of light.

Oh..I see.. Weird thing is the whole place was equally dark. But how come some shots can be taken some can't.

Okay.. Thanks to all of your advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.