shutter counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexyo

Jan 28, 2009
hey guys, how to look for shutter counts? i mean, how to count?

carry notebook with you, everytime you take a picture.. just tick off lo..
end of the month count all the ticks.

there is a software to check SC,

can't exactly remember the software name,

can anyone help?

go use opanda...

Just tried, but Opanda is unable to read RAW files. That's poor.
Also, seems that Canon 350D has a very awkward way of storing the shutter count. No clear single value.

Last edited:
Downloaded... which value is shutter counts? cant find any which close to it.

Which camera? Have you check at the website about any information? have you tried Google with "<insert your camera type> shutter count photome"? It's not always plainly listed there, sometimes the respective data field is unlabeled. Take 3 consecutive shots and compare the exif data. Usually to be found in "Manufacturer Notes"

Which camera? Have you check at the website about any information? have you tried Google with "<insert your camera type> shutter count photome"? It's not always plainly listed there, sometimes the respective data field is unlabeled. Take 3 consecutive shots and compare the exif data. Usually to be found in "Manufacturer Notes"

I am using Canon 400D. Just checked with PhotoMe, according to them this model does not store the shutter count information into the metadata. Thus, it's not possible to read this information from image files.

Anyway thanks.

I am using Canon 400D. Just checked with PhotoMe, according to them this model does not store the shutter count information into the metadata. Thus, it's not possible to read this information from image files.

Same for my 350D. I found some data fields changing in a certain sequential way but there is no clear pattern. These sequential data somehow follow the file numbering, so it's unusable for shutter count checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.