Shutter counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodel

Sep 22, 2006
if i buy a second hand dslr, should i consider the shutter counter?
why?

rodel said:
why?
personally i don care unless it is very high let say >20k on entry level dSLR or >100k for pro body... I don find much difference between one with lets say 2k and 5k.

ExplorerZ said:
personally i don care unless it is very high let say >20k on entry level dSLR or >100k for pro body... I don find much difference between one with lets say 2k and 5k.

True. T/S should just save up and buy a new camera with the warranty and stuff...;)

With Digital, I am amazed that the shutter count goes up so fast..:0 It just shows how well used the camera is...

from my average shooting rate... if everything goes as expected... 50k for entry lvl body, i will take 2-3yrs at least to reach that... :bsmilie:
currently 13k in about 7mths...

rodel said:
why?

The shutter is a rough indication of use/abuse, but is highly dependent on the type of photography. A landscape photographer may have a very low count, but have a camera that has gone through sand, sun, sea-spray, etc, while a studio photog may have a very high count, but have camera internals very clean.

not really expensive changing shutter. So dont care about shutter count and just shoot peacefully :D

Status
Not open for further replies.