Shutter Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigemichi Take

Dec 27, 2009
Hi seniors. Can i just enquire. How do i check the shutter count of a camera? some say count from the picture numbers. Some say has got software or can check by the camera. Haiz.
Which is true?

Opanda IExif works for my Nikon camera.

for canon the most reliable way is go to csc and have them check it for you, costs like 20 bucks though...

Hello, Shigemichi Take.
If you are a Canon EOS dslr user, allow me to help you save some money.
Go to this website. There is a software that you can download for free to check your Shutter count.

Here it is.

Hello, Shigemichi Take.
Go to this website. There is a software that you can download for free to check your Shutter count.

Here it is.

there is that too,

but i've heard its sometimes innaccurate and doesnt work with all camera models...

Thank You sooo much. I will certainly check it out later.

Hello, Shigemichi Take.

Here it is.

Ohaiyo Everyone.
I thank the seniors thta have replied and somehow enlightened me.
Have a great weekend.

actually why do people care so much about shutter counts?

A camera can typically last 100000-200000 shots or even more.

Assuming u take 10000-20000 shots a year (which is actually more than what a normal person will take) it will also take 10-20 years to reach the limit. By then the advancement of the DSLR will be so far ahead, u wont even think twice about changing for a new one.

yeah - i wouldnt be so interested in checking shutter count either.. but i bought mine on CS from a guy, and the camera was supposed to be brand new.. at the beginning i really wanted to verify it.. but i dont really care now :)

actually why do people care so much about shutter counts?

A camera can typically last 100000-200000 shots or even more.

Assuming u take 10000-20000 shots a year (which is actually more than what a normal person will take) it will also take 10-20 years to reach the limit. By then the advancement of the DSLR will be so far ahead, u wont even think twice about changing for a new one.

they want to know especially when you are getting a 2nd hand body.

Opanda IExif works for my Nikon camera.

yah i use this too.. download the program, open program on PC n use it to open the last picture u took w ur camera. the info will indicate "number times shutter released"

they want to know especially when you are getting a 2nd hand body.

this is the laughable part. Shutter count is the least important factor when buying 2nd hand cameras.

Say for example u wannna buy a DSLR. One seller has a new set which is only 3 month old, but has a shutter count of 30000. Another guy has is selling the same camera and clocked only 10000 shutter count but his camera has been used for 3 years already.

I would choose the 3 month one even if the shutter count is 3 times the 2nd guy's.

the only time i think i will check shutter count is like heshanj mentioned, when buying a camera from someone and he claims its brand new and unused. Since its supposed to be unused before, i would appreciate it as really unused since im paying more for a brand new set instead of a 2nd hand set.

Status
Not open for further replies.