shutter count matters?


Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#1
does shutter count matter much ? it bad for sensor or shutter?
how many can one camera last?
my friend got canon A75 last time die sensor after 15k.
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#2
htthach said:
does shutter count matter much ? it bad for sensor or shutter?
how many can one camera last?
my friend got canon A75 last time die sensor after 15k.
It matters for DSLR because the shutter is electromechanical, so there is a lifespan.
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#3
one DSLR last for how many shutter?
 

Guillaume

New Member
Feb 27, 2006
21
0
0
Singapore
#4
htthach said:
one DSLR last for how many shutter?
The new 30D is apparently done for more than 100.000 shots as per Canon specifications
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
#5
Guillaume said:
The new 30D is apparently done for more than 100.000 shots as per Canon specifications
the older series except the 1series are half that, 50,000 but an average user wouldnt hit that many during the lifetime of your dslr
 

Guillaume

New Member
Feb 27, 2006
21
0
0
Singapore
#6
blimmer said:
the older series except the 1series are half that, 50,000 but an average user wouldnt hit that many during the lifetime of your dslr
Exactly. Only pro could reach this but usually they sell back their body before this...
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
#7
it is not just the shutter. It is basically a rough indication how much the camera has been used. Impt if you are buying 2nd hand
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
#8
wind30 said:
it is not just the shutter. It is basically a rough indication how much the camera has been used. Impt if you are buying 2nd hand
there's no sure way of checking shutter count other than bringing it down to the service ctr
shutter could have been replaced previously and you wouldnt know the better
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
#10
yes, usually costs in the region of 100++
call your nearest service ctr for a quote
 

markccm

Deregistered
Jan 25, 2003
2,095
0
0
Asylum, Ward 4444
Visit site
#11
Guillaume said:
The new 30D is apparently done for more than 100.000 shots as per Canon specifications
100 only ah?

that's very little.
one event camera can throw away liao.

think u meant 100,000 rite? :bsmilie:
 

Jun 5, 2004
52
0
6
#12
guess what he ment was $100++ for replacment, not 100++ shots.. heh
My 350D warrenty coming up in 2 weeks, any idea on how to extend?
 

markccm

Deregistered
Jan 25, 2003
2,095
0
0
Asylum, Ward 4444
Visit site
#13
intox said:
guess what he ment was $100++ for replacment, not 100++ shots.. heh
My 350D warrenty coming up in 2 weeks, any idea on how to extend?
he said shots not $$$$

see who i quote.
it's the earlier post not the later.
 

Jun 5, 2004
52
0
6
#14
oh, thought u were referring to:

"yes, usually costs in the region of 100++
call your nearest service ctr for a quote"
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
#15
intox said:
guess what he ment was $100++ for replacment, not 100++ shots.. heh
My 350D warrenty coming up in 2 weeks, any idea on how to extend?
you miscontrued markccm's post haha
he was refering to the 100.000

with regards to the warranty, you can call up canon harbourfront. i believe you can only purchase the extended warranty while its still under warranty. someone please correct me if i'm wrong. better hurry and give them a call, 2 weeks is not long.
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
#16
markccm said:
he said shots not $$$$

see who i quote.
it's the earlier post not the later.
lol funny the mess these nit picking causes
ok to prevent further disagreements lets all stop the nit-picking on the typo
 

#18
CCD and CMOS sensors are actually made of millions of light sensitive cells. As anything that is expose to intense light, it actually degrades as it goes. So the bigger the sensors (DSLR) the longer it will last while the compact ones like A75 etc, with only half or lesser in size is reduced dramatically if not exponentially.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom