shutter count for D40

Status
Not open for further replies.

junaidi74

Nov 25, 2008
Whampoa
can anyone advice how to check? me newbie. look at the manual, dun have.:embrass:

google for this program called "irfanview". download and install it, then open ur latest pic in the program. press "i" or look for file info. shutter count is in one of the entries.

u can use it in lieu of windows picture viewer if u like. it does everything the windows program does and more. personally, i'd use it to preview raw files rather than JPG. i prefer the simplest program to view my files...

thanks bro for the advice. but what i mean is that how to know that my cam got shot how many pic?

thanks bro for the advice. but what i mean is that how to know that my cam got shot how many pic?

what are u asking?

are u asking how many pics are in the memory card at that point in time? i think that's pretty duh.

are u asking about the total number of pix taken by that camera since it was manufactured? then i have answered ur question in my earlier post.

to clarify what i said earlier, u take a pic with ur camera, download it to ur computer, open it in irfanview. then u press "i", click exif info, look for "total pictures". that's your shutter count, at the picture u took.. very very simple ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.