Shutter Count dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1g3

Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
I'm trying to get the shutter count of my 10D but without success. I've istalled Opanda exif recommended but have yet to read any shutter count from this particular software. Can someone kindly elaborate the method use to gauge the shutter count from a camera?

From the file naming system, like "DSC_1922.JPG" that's 1922 shutter count so far.

I've just loaded Opanda recently and took a look at some of the images I made with my Canon G3. In one of the rows, it showed tht the image number is "1202077".

I cannot believe that I have made more than a million images already! BTW, the image is filed as "IMG_2077".

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

tsjcsl said:
I've just loaded Opanda recently and took a look at some of the images I made with my Canon G3. In one of the rows, it showed tht the image number is "1202077".

I cannot believe that I have made more than a million images already! BTW, the image is filed as "IMG_2077".

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

The first 3 digits ("120") refers to the number of folders created. In this case it's the 120th folder created since you started using the camera (assuming that all along, you've been using the default setting of incremental filename numbering). This number increases by 1 (i.e. a new folder is created) each time you format the CF or when 100 images (or files, I can't remember which) has been stored in that folder.

The last 4 digits increases by 1 each time you take a picture. So "IMG_2077" means that this is the 2077th picture you've taken (assuming the setting stated above).

Just in case you forgot, to see shutter count, U need to shoot jpeg!!!!

Opanda give the IMAGE NUMBER 1050560 on my canon ixus i.
How to decode the shutter count?

pop a cf card with a folder like 150-9099 and see your "shutter count" jump ;)

seriously...you need to send it back to canon to get an accurate shutter count :)

Status
Not open for further replies.