Shutter count and exif

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
I know this had been discussed 1001 times. I download Opanda and tried to read my pics.

Cannot see the shutter count. I see the rest of the info, but no shutter count info.

I know this had been discussed 1001 times. I download Opanda and tried to read my pics.
Cannot see the shutter count. I see the rest of the info, but no shutter count info.
Which camera are you using? Canon does not show the shutter count in images, AFAIK. Nikon does. For Canon you need an USB cable and EOS Info tool.

And for Nikon the jpeg image must come straight from the camera, or converted directly from raw by Capture/View NX2. Once it is processed by third party pp software e.g. photoshop the info is gone.

Some of Canon's DSLR (such as 7D) cannot show you any shutter count info. You need to bring it down to CSC to check.

It's so complicated.

I'm using Sony anyway. Not ez to know the shutter count.

It's so complicated.

I'm using Sony anyway. Not ez to know the shutter count.

Not sure about new Sony's but for older DSLR I think they left out the shutter count in the EXIF information. You can however roughly keep track of your shutter count by the filename. Please note that the filename will reset when,

1) Update your firmware
2) when the name hit 9999

Sony does not show the count in exif.