Shutter button or Len problem??

nero88

Aug 10, 2010
Hi, when i am pressing fast on my shutter button many times...after 1st 2 shots...the button is like not sensitivities. Is this due to shutter button or len??

What camera? Maybe buffer is full, so the camera won't let you take pics till the buffer clears to the card.

be more descriptive about the problem you have encounter, like what subject are you shooting, in what condition, what setting of the camera you are using etc.....

Problem is behind the viewfinder :)

Hi, when i am pressing fast on my shutter button many times...after 1st 2 shots...the button is like not sensitivities. Is this due to shutter button or len??

What's a len?

Could be a number of things.

Perhaps it's a buffer limit, as someone mentioned already.
Could also be an AF problem -- if the conditions are difficult (dim light, dark or low contrast subject) your camera could have issues focusing. In most cases, single-shot AF will only allow the shutter to be fired only after AF is confirmed.
Some DSLRs (notably some Canon xxD models) have had shutter button issues -- I had the problem with an old Canon D60

Some DSLRs (notably some Canon xxD models) have had shutter button issues -- I had the problem with an old Canon D60
Includes the 40D and 50D as well. Seems to be fixed in 60D, or it's still too new to show these problems.

maybe u can share more on what cam body (model) and what lens?

What camera? Maybe buffer is full, so the camera won't let you take pics till the buffer clears to the card.

Hi, i am using Nikon D700 and tamron AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) len.
Manual mode..AF...shooting at a human.. Example like when they are cutting a cake...i want to have continunity photo so i continue shooting...

Ah, well my experience with that lens has not been good. I used it on a Sony A700 and it was SLOOWWWWW. It would probably be worse if you're shooting in low, indoor light (like when you're cutting a cake at home). Unlikely to be your D700 -- I use that too, and it is pretty quick.

Here's the thing -- you have all the options presented to you about what could be the problem. Now YOU need to figure out what is wrong.
- if it's the AF -- your camera has AF confirmation, so if it's taking a long time to confirm, AF is slowing you down
-- is the slow AF because of the body or lens -- swap to another lens and check
- do note that slow AF can also be because of the conditions, low light, low contrast subject (esp if you use single-AF point and put that AF point over an area of low contrast in the image).

You get the idea?

Hi, i am using Nikon D700 and tamron AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) len.
Manual mode..AF...shooting at a human.. Example like when they are cutting a cake...i want to have continunity photo so i continue shooting...

Ah, well my experience with that lens has not been good. I used it on a Sony A700 and it was SLOOWWWWW. It would probably be worse if you're shooting in low, indoor light (like when you're cutting a cake at home). Unlikely to be your D700 -- I use that too, and it is pretty quick.

Here's the thing -- you have all the options presented to you about what could be the problem. Now YOU need to figure out what is wrong.
- if it's the AF -- your camera has AF confirmation, so if it's taking a long time to confirm, AF is slowing you down
-- is the slow AF because of the body or lens -- swap to another lens and check
- do note that slow AF can also be because of the conditions, low light, low contrast subject (esp if you use single-AF point and put that AF point over an area of low contrast in the image).

You get the idea?

Hi Edwin Francis..grateful for your advice...i will try your method u mention...thanks man...

TS, if you want to shot continuously, then set your shooting drive mode to Continuous and not Single. Also set your AF priority to "Release" from "Focus".

daredevil123 said:
TS, if you want to shot continuously, then set your shooting drive mode to Continuous and not Single. Also set your AF priority to "Release" from "Focus".

Hi, I set to single because I want to have a control in when I want to have continuous shot and when I wan a single shot. Just that sometimes I wanted to have some continuous shot...I am not expecting the continuous shot speed...just that when I press the shutter at a faster speed..sometimes I feel that it is not sensitive..so I just want to confirm whether is it shutter button issue or Len or other issue..

neither, its most likely a setting issue, as daredevil123 mentioned, your AF setting is most likely on "Focus" in this mode, your cam must attain a focus lock before it allows the release of shutter thus it might end up feeling unresponsiveness as your camera will try to hunt for another focus lock before releasing the shutter, if your AF mode is on AF-A/C, try setting the AF setting to "Release"

Hi, I set to single because I want to have a control in when I want to have continuous shot and when I wan a single shot. Just that sometimes I wanted to have some continuous shot...I am not expecting the continuous shot speed...just that when I press the shutter at a faster speed..sometimes I feel that it is not sensitive..so I just want to confirm whether is it shutter button issue or Len or other issue..

even when in continuous mode, you can still take single shots. just don't hold on to the shutter when depressed.

Your problem is not shutter button nor lens issue. It is user issue. Change your shutter priority to "Release" and not "focus". it is located in the Custom shooting menu a1 and a2. a1 is for continuous drive mode, and a2 is for single drive mode. Please know your camera better before jumping to conclusions...

the problem usually come from the shooting object, if the object not focus or to dark some time the shutter button can't work properly

index.jpg