Shriro Hasselblad Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubgrit

I have an A12 film back that I dropped accidentally from about 2 - 3m onto concrete, and luckily the brunt of the impact was absorbed by the Lundahl-type film slide holder, leaving only a tiny dent on the film back body's chrome, but it didn't work properly after that.

Also have a 180mm CF lens that didn't focus to infinity (but works fine if not infinity).

Went to Shriro's office, Hasselblad owner/distributor, technician asked me to wait while he checked what the problems were, and after 15 to 20 minutes, he comes back and tells me both are fixed/adjusted ! Tested and they were indeed fixed. Charges ? No charge, gratis - technician said it's a small thing to them (!), not to me of course. Full CLA if needed will have charges of course.

Well, what can I say, excellent service indeed from Shriro :thumbsup:. Bolsters my confidence in using my Hassy stuff for a long time ...

P.S. I didn't buy these from them in the first place as I bought them used from a friend, they didn't even ask for any receipt or any document ...

Awesome! good on ya!

I had an A12 film back that I dropped accidentally from about 2 - 3m onto concrete, and luckily the brunt of the impact was absorbed by the Lundahl-type film slide holder, leaving only a tiny dent on the film back body's chrome, but it didn't work properly after that.

Also had a 180mm CF lens that didn't focus to infinity (but works fine if not infinity).

Went to Shriro's office, Hasselblad owner/distributor, technician asked me to wait while he checked what the problems were, and after 15 to 20 minutes, he comes back and tells me both are fixed/adjusted ! Tested and they were indeed fixed. Charges ? No charge, gratis - technician said it's a small thing to them (!), not to me of course. Full CLA if needed will have charges of course.

Well, what can I say, excellent service indeed from Shriro :thumbsup:. Bolsters my confidence in using my Hassy stuff for a long time ...

Nice to hear about the great service. :) Hmmm, maybe I should bring my stuff too. hahaha! :D

I do not think you can get such wonderful service if you used Rollei medium format and went to the former agent in Jurong area.
Lots of bad tales from owners.

Hasselblad rules.

Well, Shriro owns Hasselblad now so it would not cost them anything to do that. It would actually be to their advantage to not charge for small things like that.

I also had good experiences with their service centre when they were the Nikon agents.

I also have had good experience with them .Upzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

yes they do..... enquired before.

the service at shriro is excellent! their technician, Boon Soon, is a geat person to deal with. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .. 2 thumbs up!!

ah glad to hear that there is still a safe haven for Xpan

thanks Bowwow

A little while back, when I was looking for a negative holder for my scanner, the good folks at Shriro bent their backs to help me acquire a suitable one. It had to be specially customised and they kept me updated throughout the lengthy process of getting it here. Kudos to their retail sales dept.

Thumbs up for Boon Soon, indeed. Well-spoken, not your typical "ah beng" type technician (hope I got that term right and that it's just a figure of speech, don't wish to offend anyone, I just always hear that word). I ended up sending my whole camera and lens for check-up, and CLA done. He got it all done in one week, and asked me to use the camera to verify. Now I am actively and happily using it each chance I get, everything A-ok :)

yes they do..... enquired before.

the service at shriro is excellent! their technician, Boon Soon, is a geat person to deal with. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .. 2 thumbs up!!

Thumbs up for Boon Soon, indeed. Well-spoken, not your typical "ah beng" type technician (hope I got that term right and that it's just a figure of speech, don't wish to offend anyone, I just always hear that word). I ended up sending my whole camera and lens for check-up, and CLA done. He got it all done in one week, and asked me to use the camera to verify. Now I am actively and happily using it each chance I get, everything A-ok :)

May I know how much did the check up, CLA for Hassy cam and lens at Shriro cost?

Wow....how I wish I can afford such good service. :cry:

Hey Ansel, actually, with a lot of people dumping their Hassy gear for digital, the price of Hassy gear is quite affordable nowadays - admittedly you'll have to look overseas, as prices in Singapore second hand shops are simply crazy compared to the bargains you can get overseas.

Mine cost $500 - $550, CLA/check-up/change in parts for lens, PME 45 prism viewfinder, body, CW winder.

Now, you would first be offered a break down of costs in terms of a quotation. It would be up to you to confirm which one you would like to be done, and it is not a problem if you don't want to take up some. I took up everything on the quotation just for peace of mind :)

I would say it was a good price, rather than if I send it away to some other place in the USA, or even locally. CLA for my Leica at DAG cost me USD 290 before shipping costs, and just for the body alone (there are cheaper ones, but DAG is backed by a solid reputation). After all, Boon and all Hassy techs are trained at the Hasselblad factory anyway, same as David Odess, one of the more popular Hassy techs who has gone solo.

Hey Ansel, actually, with a lot of people dumping their Hassy gear for digital, the price of Hassy gear is quite affordable nowadays - admittedly you'll have to look overseas, as prices in Singapore second hand shops are simply crazy compared to the bargains you can get overseas.

Actually the prices in some of the B&S threads on CS are quite OK actually. The shops downtown need to make a profit to cover their business costs. But I guess for variety and choice, EBay is probably the way to go for me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.