Not open for further replies.

redmonsoon

Aug 6, 2004
Sg
Just an experiment, very fun..:bsmilie:
He will probably fit in more if B/W..lol

Description:
- Shriek only abt 9 inches tall.
- Prop newspaper is a small corner of Today newspaper.Held together by paper-clip, hold in his hands using blu-tack.

- Prop plastic bag just a loop cut from normal size bag.

- 1 hand hold Shriek's leg, the other hold camera.

- In order to allow both Shriek and background to maximize DOF(otherwise he'll stand out too much), have to shoot at f32, but then to have reasonable shutter speed, I pushed ISO to 2000 to get 1/80sec,shot at 17mm. Lens Tamron17-50mm.

Shriek.jpg

Last edited:
wow. pretty creative and quite realistic :bsmilie:

WOW !! Looks real man !! Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

this is weird.. i like it.. makes things look different and screw ard the brains.. haha

Description:
- Shriek only abt 9" tall.
- Prop newspaper is a small corner of Today newspaper.Held together by paper-clip, hold in his hands using blu-tack.

- In order to allow both Shriek and background to maximize DOF(otherwise he'll stand out too much), have to shoot at f32, but then to have reasonable shutter speed, I pushed ISO to 2000 to get 1/80sec,shot at 17mm. Lens Tamron17-50mm.

Shriek.jpg

Bro u staying around jur east? I know this is crossing in front of former police post, on the spc side rite? I been there often bcos last time always send photo printing at photobugs just across the road behind the bus stop. was staying around there till 2002.

Description:
- Shriek only abt 9" tall.

Shriek.jpg

haha, you shot this in front of the yuhua market isnt it? Nice trick!:bsmilie:

>front of the yuhua market..
Yah guys, shot on way to mkt for dinnar..lol.
Thks for the compliments..

An interesting pt is that I wanted to shoot people looking at Shriek which will be cool, but you see how Shriek seems to be standing 2m away from me though it is only arms length?

However, their eyes are obviously looking in my direction, ignoring Shriek, which makes it look weird..:bsmilie: Of course, I could have got someone to pose for me..

:bsmilie: quite realistic, clever to add in the news paper and plastic bag...but the text on the newspaper too big...:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: quite realistic, clever to add in the news paper and plastic bag...but the text on the newspaper too big...:bsmilie:

Haha, I know that. It was really spur of a moment idea, and thats only how far I wanna go. Could of course print mini papers, was tinking of chopsticks sticking out of plastic bag. Or even make him very localized tee and uncle shorts...lol:bsmilie:

I dnt have much toys, may be fun to try other toys that u guys have.

i was thinking of other things then the shrek itself, its reading newspaper which makes him look like waiting for the traffic light, shldnt the traffic light be red man and "it" waiting to turn to green man?
And maybe shoot it when theres a group of pedestrains waiting too, making it seems like shrek has walked upon singapore, amongst humans!

just some comments for fun, and kudos for a job well done!

lmao! if not for the large fonts on the paper i wouldn't have known. great job man!

good job ! haha.. really creative idea sia. i like the fact that shriek is looking for job lol.

nice job!

Great job. I tot u found urself a great real life model.. HAHA. Only if the 'Career' word will be smaller then i think everything will be perfect. Just my views :)

This is an example of using idea to produce a cheap and yet effective make belief pictures.
Of course, the full understanding of using the camera's features, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, lenses and technique is a prerequisite.

haha, thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning.
nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.