Showdown in HK

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Resistance is futile leh.

Do you think we will get a new wave of HK immigrants?

Highly unlikely if they have checked out those who left earlier. Singapore is also never in the radar for those who love 'human rights' haha

I watched the peaceful protest live online last night. There were people on stage crying. It was a rather moving scene.

I salute especially the students for their courage to be so visible in their movement. They are not afraid of being black listed and targeted later in life knowing how the communists treat the dissidents.

I have great hope for Hong Kong people. For their courage, resilience and indomitable spirit.

Singapore needs no fear as many Hong Kong people are holding Canadian and Australian passports.

Last edited:
I would be happy to embrace immigrants who can contribute to Singapore regardless of where they come from :) Those who can sell me good lenses and cameras are lower than market prices are especially welcome too.

why would Hongkong people leave one crowded island potentially overrun with mainlander,for another small crowded island potentially overrun with mainlander?

occupy-hong-kong-protest.jpg

I would be happy to embrace immigrants who can contribute to Singapore regardless of where they come from :) Those who can sell me good lenses and cameras are lower than market prices are especially welcome too.

Yeah, tell that to Shizuma... Was the investigating officer, tall, dark, n handsome? :bsmilie:

But, I do agree on your statement except for the cheap n good cam and lens part. :bsmilie:

Highly unlikely if they have checked out those who left earlier. Singapore is also never in the radar for those who love 'human rights' haha

Why not?
Here when we stage a demonstration, we go indoor. Aircon... compared to marching under hot sun. Now, who can beat that? :bsmilie:

Why not?
Here when we stage a demonstration, we go indoor. Aircon... compared to marching under hot sun. Now, who can beat that? :bsmilie:
Using a quote from Stalin about Germans: Singaporeans will never stage a demonstration. Because that would mean stepping on the green and requires approval.

It's not difficult to tell that they are up against a wall but at least they try.

Yes ..big yes!!! If one never try, one has already given up hope. Never say never. Never lose hope, else there will only be darkness. Effort is never wasted, it is lesson for all in later generation to learn.

Yes ..big yes!!! If one never try, one has already given up hope. Never say never. Never lose hope, else there will only be darkness. Effort is never wasted, it is lesson for all in later generation to learn.

My pro-China uncle friends think these are Western-poisoned trouble makers that are bent on dragging HK's economy down and embarassing China, all the while betraying their ancestry.

I aren't pro anybody and I also agree behind there are hidden agendas too. Many are just prawns to the big game.

I was on a course here and the Singaporean lecturer who is HIGHLY Respected here in SG by many incl the highest levels in Gov't said :

" In 2021-24 there will be a major war in China, this will involve Japan, Philippines, Taiwan and to a lessor degree Vietnam. " :eek:

They want autonomy? And then do what with it? What have these so called democratic parties done for HK, besides fighting for autonomy their whole life?
A few hundred 1000s packing the street demanding freedom? Imagine doing the same in mainland city.
They are already having as much autonomy as China is allowing them. Do they really wanna split from mainland?

Last edited:
They want autonomy? And then do what with it? What have these so called democratic parties done for HK, besides fighting for autonomy their whole life?
A few hundred 1000s packing the street demanding freedom? Imagine doing the same in mainland city.
They are already having as much autonomy as China is allowing them. Do they really wanna split from mainland?

Do they want autonomy?

No they don't want astronomy.

All they want is the right to choose their own leaders.

Everyone knows this. :bsmilie:

:sweatsm:

If they need something from PRC....they will call themself Chinese....once the business end....they will call themself Hkie...this is what I feel most of the time :embrass:

Without going too much into details: this sounds a bit like 1965 when Singapore was founded and split from Malaysia.

Last edited:

they know Singapore isn't much better. Lot of immigrants are from China also.

They even fight for territory in china town...

they told a singaporen woman that china town belong to them....

got video...i am so sad to be a Singaporean

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=614901401958258

Last edited: