Show your gaffered camera bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I just acquired my new 40D, thinking about gaffering it up.

What are the areas which can cover with tapes?

Can take a look at how you have done it? :)

Er you buy a new camera body and the first impulse is to gaffer it up? :dunno:

:bsmilie: good idea.. why not play with it for a few days before gaffer..

My previous 350D endured too much physical injuries during the three years.
And I learnt to cherish what I have got.. :lovegrin:

Why not? Rather than kana the 1st scatch and blame ownself later on. Ya ya ya, some may say why worry so much, shoot more blah blah blah, than thats your problem, so be it.

Camera at home... and I rarely take pictures of it... haha :bsmilie:

wah u people make it sound it's like some glass le... cannot kena scratch n all those things

i still cannot understand y people gaffer their body. if lens esp those white 1 i can understand. n if u shoot nature, maybe gaffer is understandable but for body it still puzzles me.

sorry ya ... just my opinion, cannot tahan la.

Totally do not see any reason to gaffer my DSLR unless the purpose is to cover the brand. I have used my DSLR and brought it to many places and still it does not even have a scratch on it. At the most, I place a LCD protector, but I dun think the LCD scratches at all. I know cos my LCD protector does not protect the entire screen. I dun think u need to go to town too much about "protecting" ur DSLR.

Protect against abrasions...

for me personally, it's to protect against my sweaty palms... ;)

People asking who have pictures of gaffered cams and out came kpo people lecturing why why why. Got pic show, no pic than what business is it to anyone if TS wants to gaffer his own cam or even the whole car?

Sorry too, my own POV, cannot tahan also.

2418367859_98af1af7fd.jpg

My black tape M2.

It's not that i favour chrome to black but the tape has matte surface which improve the grip a lot for me since i have small hand and weak grip, and a shinning things from afar is more easier to spot for snatch thief in countries i go to.

But i tape it mainly for improve grip and avoid snatch thief cause my friend told me she can see my silver camera from so far and it attract a lot attention of people , plus it reflect when i shoot through windows, more worry about knock than scratch through , and scratch the lens more worry.

The apollo tape work not bad, through a bit hard to cut.

Cute smiley face.

Thanks bahibo..

Now meant to flame..

one more reason is i shoot outdoor macro often, the body may bump against tripod.. flashes.. plants.. etc..
not like work in a studio..

any more gaffer work for me to study?

I normally shoot in the field.

I gaffer everything (lens, flash, tripod & etc) except my camera.
I find it have too many working parts, very little space to gaffer, unless you want to gaffer up the rubber grip.

For d200, ur sweat may kill the rubber on the grip :D

For d200, ur sweat may kill the rubber on the grip :D

I prefer the feel of the rubber grip.
Somehow rubber will deteriorate as time go by, I try to prolong it life by wipe it clean every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.